Home Forums General Discussion fungal problem on hands and feet

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Eva Holloway
    Participant

I think I have a fungal problem on my hands and feet, I read an article about it and looked it up on the computer and there is a possibility that is what causes the issue with my hands. :headbang:

I am on Nizoral and take two probiotics. I am also using some stuff for fungus on hands and feet.

I took some pictures of my hands and when I figure out how to send them I will do it.

Eva:(

Eva Holloway

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=236]Eva Holloway[/user] wrote:

I am on Nizoral and take two probiotics. I am also using some stuff for fungus on hands and feet.

Eva, has Dr K ever suggested Diflucan to you? Have you managed to get your IGeneX labs sent off yet?

Peace, Maz

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Maz,

no she hasn't and no I have been so busy doing other things and have not done the IGenex test yet. Can I just go to a lab or do I need a script? I think Dr.K. has been looking at my red hands for so long that she may overlooked the other problem. I would not have thought about it either until I read this note from someone talking about his fungual problem, so I looked it up, I think this is what I have. I am going to CA next week and I know that I may not be able to get an appointment with Dr.K and I just remember she is on vacation. I hate to see someone else that has no idea about AP.

Eva:?

Eva Holloway

swollen
    Participant

I think I have a fungal problem too because I have a very thick deformed toenail- I don't like to wear sandals because of it.  I did ask my HMO doctor for a perscription for diflucan  but wasn't able to get it , the doctor just said no, like I didn't know what I was talking about.  Really , I don't know if I have a fungal problem though.  Does anyone know if a toe nail like this is something that is a fungal problem?  Its been this way for years!  I read on this board also that diflucan is the thing to clear it up bit also see that people use GSE and other products but are good for clearing up existing fungus or to prevent it?  I do have some GSE too. 

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=546]swollen[/user] wrote:

Does anyone know if a toe nail like this is something that is a fungal problem?  Its been this way for years!  I read on this board also that diflucan is the thing to clear it up bit also see that people use GSE and other products but are good for clearing up existing fungus or to prevent it?  I do have some GSE too. 

Hi Swollen,

If you have toe-nail fungus, then the doc to see is a dermatologist who will likely prescribe a systemic, like oral Lamisil. I think the usual treatment is for a few months.

Pics of toe-nail fungus:

http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/hardin/md/toenailfunguspictures.html 

Wiki description of Lamisil, the oral systemic anti-fungal usually prescribed for toe-nail fungus:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamisil

Lamisil, like the systemic, Diflucan, is quite hard on the liver, so regular LFTs should be done for monitoring potential liver damage.

Soaking the affecting toe nail is a warm foot bath with GSE drops would be very supportive, too.

Hope this helps!

Peace, Maz

swollen
    Participant

Maz, thanks for the info.  I don't think I would try the lamisil though because of it being hard on the liver and I seem to have many other problems.  Plus , its hard to keep getting levels checked.  I will be trying the GSE drops though.  I have to say that this website helps alot, more then my doctor.  Also, when I went on mino from the rheumie doctor, he didn't tell me to take probiotics either, I found out about the probiotics from this website after I took them for some time.  Isn't that something!

Eva Holloway
    Participant

swollen,

some doctors tell you others don't. I have been taking probiotics for many years. I also switch around and don't always use the same one. I am on Nizoral right now and also two different probiotics. Been soaking my feet in warm water and cornmeal, it is supposed to help with foot fungus. My feet look a little better, but still not were I would wear sandals. Washing my hands well several times a day, trying the good and using just a little cream to keep the skin from cracking because they get so dry.

Hope I can see Dr.K. end of June, I need to get to the bottom of this problem.

Eva:headbang:

Eva Holloway

swollen
    Participant

I forgot to put this in my previous post too.  Eva,  I hope you can find out if you have the fungal problem as it sounds like it is hard to detect.  It seems hard to get all this testing done.  Let us know.

I think I have a fungal problem on my hands and feet, I read an article about it and looked it up on the computer and there is a possibility that is what causes the issue with my hands. :headbang:

I took some pictures of my hands and when I figure out how to send them I will do it.

Eva I use the GSE grapefruit seed extract from the health food shop It is pretty horrible to take but it works.  that and the Diflucan as Maz says should help. Fungus can be a huge problem and make you feel terrible.  I have really battled with it because of too little diflucan. I did not know about GSE early enough.  The GSE kills several nasty bacteria and there are books about it which probably if you can afford worth getting.  The one with the most info on bacteria is ISBN  0-914955-27-6

Found also that the nasty taste can be taken away by adding the GSE to the Lemon and olive drink used for other things. Do go into it steadily as you herx just the same.

A Friend
    Participant

I think I have a fungal problem too because I have a very thick deformed toenail- I don't like to wear sandals because of it.  I did ask my HMO doctor for a perscription for diflucan  but wasn't able to get it , the doctor just said no, like I didn't know what I was talking about.  Really , I don't know if I have a fungal problem though.  Does anyone know if a toe nail like this is something that is a fungal problem?  Its been this way for years!  I read on this board also that diflucan is the thing to clear it up bit also see that people use GSE and other products but are good for clearing up existing fungus or to prevent it?  I do have some GSE too. 

Swollen, All,

If this link will open for you, I have a great deal of confidence in this source of information.  Also, if you have a toenail that has been that way for a long time, I'm betting it is from yeast/fungal overgrowth.  It's very common. 

http://www.bioactivenutrients.com/ChronicYeastOvergrowth.html

Here are a couple more links:

http://overcomingcandida.com/stop_toenail_fungus.htm
    Title:  Stop Toenail Fungus — interesting DMSO & SSKI remedy mentioned

<span style="font-size:2]

Toenail Fungus Cure…
    Magnesium soaks several times a day.
    File down thickened nails, and keep nails short. 

AF[/size]

Eva and Swollen,- we can get toe nail clippings sent to the mycology dept of a hospital to test for fungus if the Dr. will not treat. It is irresponsible for them to ignore your plea for help and send you away without any info on what to do. If it were me I think I would be finding another Dr.   However the GSE is still a really good option. It will take time though and the nail will have to grow out which is pretty slow.  There are two types though one is only for external use and the other for internal.  The external use makes the nail go very dark and really a waste of time when the problem is really systemic.- Saying that though it would be a good idea to get this test done to satisfy yourself that  is the problem for sure.  Also best to take some information to your Dr. about the GSE just to make sure it does not conflict with anything else you are taking.  They seldom tell you to keep everything two hours apart either,  that is very important. we are expected to find these things out for outselves.  Nizoral is only a wash through and not systemic – gave me a false sense of security for way too long. Some Drs' do not seem to realise that decades of abx use even if you are not on abx treatment for rheumatic disease is causing the most dreadful problems. Terrible aggression and bullying in some people, which is out of control.  Sad thing is they cannot help it.  Something has to be done about it and fast

swollen
    Participant

I read the links that Rosemary gave.  I really want to see if I have a fungal infection as I have the signs of fungus or candida also.  And as Friend said in her post, I don't think I have a very good doctor.  My doctor is an HMO doctor and never gives any advice for anything.  I just went to the office yesterday to get my blood drawn, for testing on my RA and I also have anemia.  As  Rosemary in Australia says that a hospital can test nail clippings, I don't know if we have that in the US and I feel like if I bring that up to the doctor, I feel like I will be looked at like I am from another planet- thats how my doctor is.  But I read on the links from Friend about the kits for a cleanse and because it is kind of pricey for me, I think I will get some of the products individually as I already have GSE, what does Friend think about doing that?  I didn't read the links in full, just skimmed through them but I will investigate more and see if there is a test I can get on my own to test for this without a doctors involvement.   I can attest to the antibiotic treatment too because I am not as bad when I first got this by far and I am not taking anything the rheumie doc said to take just like everyone doing the antibiotc treatment.  Thanks for this info.

A Friend
    Participant

…… And as Friend said in her post, I don't think I have a very good doctor.  My doctor is an HMO doctor and never gives any advice for anything.  I just went to the office yesterday to get my blood drawn, for testing on my RA and I also have anemia. 

As  Rosemary in Australia says that a hospital can test nail clippings, I don't know if we have that in the US and I feel like if I bring that up to the doctor, I feel like I will be looked at like I am from another planet- thats how my doctor is.  But I read on the links from Friend about the kits for a cleanse and because it is kind of pricey for me, I think I will get some of the products individually as I already have GSE, what does Friend think about doing that?  I didn't read the links in full, just skimmed through them but I will investigate more and see if there is a test I can get on my own to test for this without a doctors involvement.   I can attest to the antibiotic treatment too because I am not as bad when I first got this by far and I am not taking anything the rheumie doc said to take just like everyone doing the antibiotc treatment.  Thanks for this info.

Hello Swollen,

Above in your post, I hope I didn't say you didn't have a good doctor.  If I did, I apologize.  However, I will say this about far too many of our physicians:  Most in the USA seem to have gone to medical schools with a curriculum tightly controlled and skewed to practicing medicine based on a pharmaceutical drug being prescribed for most ailments.  Unlike Germany, for instance, the USA does not foster the FDA testing of natural medicine protocols and have them included in guidelines for doctors to use when prescribing treatments for patients.  In fact, through the control of Big Pharma, you can read about how their influence has skewed also what is taught in medical schools, what the FDA approves for certain treatments.  To make this even worse for many of us, our health insurance coverage usually will not cover any treatment that is not “approved treatment” (meaning drugs) by the FDA.  So, often, what we don't want to take and may be harmful to us IS covered; and those natural supplements that can help so much, without doing harm, are not covered. 

It's my learned belief that many of us become chronically ill because we've been on medications for some time that wipe out our good flora, and thus set the stage for yeast/fungal overgrowth.  And, in the resulting acidosis condition, too much lactic acid and wastes, make our body a place where not only fungus/yeast grows, but also viruses, bacteria, and all sorts of things — and as our body's terrain changes, these organisms “metamorph” into other forms of organisms to ensure their survival.  I was encouraged while doing recent several years of research for myself to learn that if we can work on getting our body's pH balance into the slightly alkaline state, our bodies can heal:  “Illness cannot exist in a pH balanced body.”  (It takes quite a while to turn this condition around, but by learning and constantly “tweaking” it with the minerals and foods, and other steps to help it get to that balanced state, I think we can make major improvement.  Not only have I greatly improved by doing this, but nuclear body scans have shown this to be true even for what showed up on these scans.  And, for me, this improvement began when I learned about and began addressing my pH readings of 5.0-5.5… the lowest (most acid) my strips measured. 

This is a link with a simple test that you might want to give a try.  The test is several paragraphs down the page:   http://www.cancerfightingstrategies.com/fungalconnection.html

(Even IV clindamycin, that is effective against such as mycoplasma, etc., is not covered unless we have a physician who has ordered blood work that has revealed we have such as mycoplasma infection — which is FDA approved for use for infections.  The really frustrating part often is that if doctors order local lab tests for mycoplasma, they usually will be paid for, but can come back “negative” when we actually do have mycoplasma and other infections for which the IVs are effective and needed.  These tests are very intricate and need to be done by experienced labs.  This happened to me when first dx'd in the fall of 1996.  Negative.  Then when I went to Iowa in January 1997 to an experienced physician, blood testing done at Dr. Brown's old lab… still operating, by the way…. it was positive for three strains… just several months after the first test.  We MUST become knowledgeable, or we will be at the mercy of those that practice 15-minute medicine and do not feel free — or wish — to learn about Dr. Brown's protocols shown to be the best way to get our health back from rheumatic type illnesses.)

Be patient, but study a bit every day, keep or print a few pages of what seems VERY IMPORTANT to you about your own health plans.  Before long, I'm betting that you will have made a lot of progress on the Road Back! 

Best to you,
    AF

Eva Please make sure the GSE is for internal use as you can purchase both.  The book that I suggested lists all the bacteria that it kills so you herx pretty badly not only from the GSE but the no. of bacteria that it is killing as well. It is really a magic potion. Was you mother on antibiotics whilst carrying you?  I have a brother who has this problem and our mother was on abx for pneumonia  whilst crrying him.  He does not have the arthritic problems we other two have but has shocking fungal problems on his hands just like you are describing. He was told by a live blood analyst it was a fungal problem.  I wish you could check it out even with a GP.  Surely they take toe nail clippings over there somewhere.  Try ringing a hospital who has a mycology Dept and see what they can tell you.  that is a dept that tests for fungus. You can put the GSE on the toenail as well but the most importan part is the systemic problem internally which is quite dangerous, it is another infection in itself. I hope you can get some help somewhere.  I was reading where you must not be on warfarin whilst taking GSE that is why I suggested asking Dr. I do not know if there is any other drugs that is why you need to ask someone. Terrible that we have to find out so much for outselves. Especially for those really ill and not able to do it.

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Rosemary,

Thank you for the info on GSE, yes I purchased the liquid GSE for internal use, I also have the capsules and I put two of them in water to do a foot bath and soak my feet for about half an hour. It says to dilute the liquid if put on skin. I am going to make an appointment with my GP and see what she can do. I have used GSE before but stopped and didn't go back to it.

I kow for a fact my mother never took antibiotics in her life because she died before antibiotics were invented. She died when she had me by c-section (1941).  I have also started to use collidal silver for my hands. I actually put some liquid on my hands and it seems to help.

I know what you mean about doing our own research when we have health issues. I think even our AP doctors sometimes get complacent because we don't always tell them everything. I used to write even the smallest issue down in a booklet and then ask questions. The last couple of times I haven't done that.

Thank you again,

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘ fungal problem on hands and feet’ is closed to new replies.