Home Forums General Discussion Fungal issues

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kristie
    Participant

I have been struggling with a yeast overgrowth for the past year. Currently I am taking 100mg doxy once a day then bid every second day. Since I’ve been on AP for 5 years I’ve cut out sugar and have very little gluten and carbs. I also take probiotics and just added Saccharomyces Boulardii as well- all away from scripts. I also eat lots of garlic, coconut oil and I’m going to try fermenting some veggies. My doctor already tried 6 months of fluconazole at 150mgs once weekly but a couple months after I was done the itching began again. So she put me back on 150mgs weekly again. I’m not feeling very hopeful as this didn’t work the first time around. As I only take fluconazole once weekly are there some yeast killers I could safely take on my off days? If the half life of fluconazole is 20 hours would it be safe to take a supplement that effects the same detox pathway for a couple days between fluconazole doses? Wondering what has worked for others. Thank you Kristie

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Kirstie,

I think if I was in this sort of scenario, my personal preference would be to use a good quality bovine colostrum and curcumin. I’d probably stay away from grapeseed oil or other angifungals that affect the P450 cytochrome until diflucan is finished. Just my personal preference though. Are your liver enzymes being closely monitored while you are taking diflucan?

Minocycline and diflucan have some synergistic antifungal properties, which are interesting:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20707818

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.