Home Forums General Discussion Frequency of blood tests.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lemons
    Participant

My AP doctor requests that I have blood tests done every three months ( although Ive managed to skip the last one and haven’t had one done since March). I hate needles and one of the reasons I wanted to be treated with Minocin, is so that I didn’t have to be so closely monitored. I go and see him next month and Im going to tell him that I don’t think I need them done so often. How many blood tests does everyone else have done in a year ? Thanks in advance for any replies.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Lemons
    Most blood work is done at 3 monthly intervals when patients are on the more toxic drugs, primarily to check the liver. With mino alone, this is not regarded as necessary. Am attaching the American College of Rheumatology’s 2008 recommendations for blood work intervals with the various drugs used to treat rheumatic diseases. You will see what it says about mino after baseline taken and you may like to show your doc this.

However he may have other reasons for wanting to check your blood work every 3 months – so best to ask him about this.

BTW, I like (ideally) to have tests every 6 months – but those are to check changes in disease markers.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

lemons
    Participant

Thank you SO MUCH lynnie !!!! I will print that off and present him with that information next month. There is no reason I need to have blood checked so often as everything was fine and back to normal last time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.