September 24, 2015 at 8:43 am #308849RBFVModerator
Dear Forum Users
WE ARE LAUNCHING A NEW WEBSITE AND A NEW COMMUNITY FORUM!!
DUE TO A FEW FINAL TWEAKS THAT HAVE TAKEN LONGER THAN EXPECTED,WE WILL BE NOW BE CLOSING THIS FORUM ON MONDAY 28th SEPTEMBER
THE NEW WEBSITE WITH AN INTEGRATED COMMUNITY FORUM IS NOW EXPECTED TO LAUNCH ON MONDAY 5TH OCTOBER
You will be able to access the new site at the same address: http://www.roadback.org and the Community Forum will be accessed through the new website, as it will be integrated into it.
If you are A Registered User of this Forum and have posted before:
1. You will NOT need to register for the new forum. Your registration, including your username, password and avatar or image (if you have one) will be migrated over to the new Community Forum
2. You WILL need to re-enter your signature information as this will not automatically be moved over. We suggest that you copy that information and put it into a document so that you can just paste the information into your profile.
3. To access your profile, once you’ve logged in, go to the top right of your screen where you will see your name and click on the icon next to it and you will see Edit My Profile in the drop-down menu. Scroll to the bottom of the page where you will see Your Forum Signature box. You can enter the information into this box and click on Update Profile.
This can be done at any time so don’t be concerned if you don’t remember these instructions. The new format will be relatively easy to understand and, of course, Volunteers will be able to assist you once we’ve moved
4. Personal History and Progress Threads will be moved over. However, there is no way in the new platform to make these so that only the author can post in his/her thread and so make the thread their personal journal. So the threads and posts to date will be there as a searchable archive only.
5. Private Messaging. This function will be available in the new set-up. However, it is very likely that old Private Messages will not migrate well to the new platform – and we will not know this until the final data is moved over. So, PLEASE COPY ANYTHING OF IMPORTANCE TO YOU IN YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGES AND PASTE INTO A DOCUMENT FOR YOUR ONGOING REFERENCE
Information for New Users/Visitors
1. If you are currently a visitor to this forum and wish to register for the new one, registrations will once again be automated and a registration form will automatically come up when you click on the ‘Community Forum’ icon on the new site
Please bear with us for the week’s close-down. We are very much looking forward to introducing you to the new website and the new, integrated Community Forum.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.