Home Forums General Discussion Flares in the Fall!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Hello to all, RA for 10 years AP approach for 8 years. Been doing fine , not pain free but livable. Just wondering how many others have flares in the fall of the year. I live in Michigan and seem to have them every year. Also I have had some throat and ear inflamation with this last flare. Any help or advice would be appreciated. I am currently pulse dosing 100mg mino MWF should I go to every day during this flare? Thanks

Chris

Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

I’m in Michigan as well and started flaring in September.

Im treating SD so I use 100mg twice a day as a baseline. I’m not a doctor but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to experiment with dose when responding to flares. I don’t have direct experience with that though as when I flared, because I’m already taking 100mg 2x daily, I responded by adding another antibiotic to the mix (azithromycin). Doing better now.

I’d try using the forum search function to search for the term “flare” and see what others with RA do to respond to flares.

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.