Home Forums General Discussion First Ocean Swim of the Season and …

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Well, I just got a text from Jess, it said, “I survived!”. Today was the first day of swim team practice, the first day of her final college season. In the fall their afternoon workouts are ocean swims, this has always been very difficult and painful for Jess as it brings on a painful Raynauds attack. Well today, even though the water was colder than it has been in any of the prior years due to and unusually cool summer…
    NO RAYNAUDS

A very happy mom,

Cheryl

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Great news Cheryl! Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Kim
    Participant

Cheryl,

That's HUGE!  Raynaud's attacks, as you know, are so indicative of of blood viscosity, vessel size for transport, overall circulation, etc.  No Raynaud's screams the “R” word. :blush:  Well done mom, well done Jess! :blush:

I know Jess has been dancing around remission for a while, but it really does seem like you can both take a breather now.

Great news!

Take care…..kim

hopefulmama
    Participant

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

redrock
    Participant

That's great news! I know for me, Raynauds was the first symptom to appear (20 or so years ago), so I expect it will be the last to go.

Parisa
    Participant

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!

Kash
    Participant

The joy of this moment is increased ten fold when it happens to one of our children. Enjoy and congratulations….
    Barb

mschmidt
    Participant

Great new, Cheryl!  So happy for Jess–please pass along congratulations to her.

Maria

SusanSD
    Participant

That's terrific news Cheryl. It gives me hope that one day I'll be in the water with my kids – right now, I can get into waist level outdoor pool water without a Raynaud's attack, so I am taking that as progress!

Michele
    Participant

That's so wonderful to hear, Cheryl!!!! Hurray, Hurray, Hurray!!!!!

Michele

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Thank you all for celebrating with us, honestly, I never really expected that she could be Raynauds free, and actually I assume that she will still encounter Raynauds from time to time. 

Many of the long time remission SD folks have said that it took years for the Raynuads to go away for good and Jess is only four years into this. 

I do consider that she is in remission, and I don't “worry” really anymore, well not about SD, I worry about alot of other things, there is always plenty to worry about, but thankfully, SD isn't one of those things.

One of the biggest tests to Jess' current state of health and remission is that she has been under enormous stress for the past six months or so.  She is extremely busy doesn't get enough rest, and over does it ALOT!  But the good news is that all of this stress and burning the candle at both ends has not deteriorated her health as I would have expected.  She is in the final push of completing her grad school applications, she applied to 21 schools, and after those are done, her life will hopefully return to a more normal schedule, busy but not insanely busy. 

Again, thank you all for joining our celebration.

Cheryl

MINOCINMAN
    Participant

[user=2]Cheryl F[/user] wrote:

Thank you all for celebrating with us, honestly, I never really expected that she could be Raynauds free, and actually I assume that she will still encounter Raynauds from time to time. 

Many of the long time remission SD folks have said that it took years for the Raynuads to go away for good and Jess is only four years into this. 

I do consider that she is in remission, and I don't “worry” really anymore, well not about SD, I worry about alot of other things, there is always plenty to worry about, but thankfully, SD isn't one of those things.

One of the biggest tests to Jess' current state of health and remission is that she has been under enormous stress for the past six months or so.  She is extremely busy doesn't get enough rest, and over does it ALOT!  But the good news is that all of this stress and burning the candle at both ends has not deteriorated her health as I would have expected.  She is in the final push of completing her grad school applications, she applied to 21 schools, and after those are done, her life will hopefully return to a more normal schedule, busy but not insanely busy. 

Again, thank you all for joining our celebration.

Cheryl

Very happy for her and your family. Such a great recovery with AP.

nspiker
    Participant

WOW Cheryl !  What a success story…:roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh:

To see your daughter so successful, and full of life, is the ultimate reward.
    nancy

Conniel7777
    Participant

This is FANTASTIC NEWS!!

Three cheers for Jess!!  :roll-laugh:  :roll-laugh:  :roll-laugh:  :roll-laugh:  :roll-laugh:  :roll-laugh:  :roll-laugh:  :roll-laugh:  :roll-laugh:

Connie   >^..^<

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!!!  CONGRATS.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘ First Ocean Swim of the Season and …’ is closed to new replies.