Home Forums General Discussion Fibromyalgia medicine questions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Valsmum
    Participant

Does anyone have any advice about the typical fibro medicine a rheumatolgist would prescribe ? I will take good or bad advice, I just wondered if they work and how bad the side effects are. Thanks

jaminhealth
    Participant

I take NO drugs for FM issues.

Take all supplements for the FM “stuff”…

For sleep, I have a great combo that keeps me asleep for a good 8-10 hrs with dreams….

Here it is:

7PM, I take 1/4 to 1/2mg Melatonin (buy Source Naturals 1mg tabs, and break into 4’s)….low dose works best for me.

7:30PM, I take 500mg Lemon Balm, 500 mg Inositol.

Start going to bed about 10:30 or so and take 1 Calms Forte’ as I hit the pillow….this puts me out and I sleep very very good.

Sleep is critical and I worked on this and found my sleep combo…..jam

I’ve been on an FM/CFS board for years and MANY have tried all the pharma drugs and worked to wean off them and going with supplements, I never did the drugs…..

PS: For pain, Advil max dose per day and 1/2 tab hydrocodone in between work for me with pain issues, as needed…

for stomach protection I take daily:

Digestive Enzymes and Probiotics both from Now Foods and DGL (stomach lining tamer) by Enzymathic Therapy…..these I HOPE are protecting my stomach, so far so good.

BTW: ProHealth offers a large array of supplements dedicated to FM and CFS…the owner of the company deals with CFS. I don’t buy them, many do, but I do my own regime thru many years of trial and error and finding what helps for me.

Valsmum
    Participant

Thank you for your reply Ruffian, I appreciate it. I wasn’t dxd with Fibromyalgia but RA. I heard from a friend that her doctor put on Mucinex for Fibro, and it worked for her? Sounds funny, but she said it worked, who knows.

Thanks Jammin Health for the info, I appreciate it. I get pain in the buttocks and hurts deep within, I think it is my si joint though.take care.

jaminhealth
    Participant

Dr. St Amand who allegedly is an FM king, prescribes guiafensen, which is in Mucinex, for all his patients….I never got on it.

Feel my Grape Seed Extract does a lot of the same.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.