Home Forums General Discussion Fasting

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    LifeAboutChange
    Participant

Hi All,

I have read a number of books, as well as literally countless articles, documentaries, forums and blogs on this subject of RA. It has been quite a spiritual and enlightening experience, as I am sure many you here also. Apart from the many good topics we could talk about, I wanted others opinion on fasting. I have read many good reports on this, and have tried myself a full water fast for 36hours and raw food fast for 7days. Both times I went through quite extreme mood swings and also loss of sleep. I suspect strongly this is due to toxins in my system escaping causing issues with my mood and then the liver experiencing too many toxins at one time to filter – thus affecting sleep. In Chinese Medicine it is our liver that stores emotions, also helps us relax and ready for sleep, if it is not working well – it affects our sleep.

Look more into it, I believe a full 7day water fast will be extremely beneficial and help purge things in deep layers of the joints also fat tissue – not just related to RA but possibly many other things as well. The issue though is getting past the first few days when mood swings become extreme and lack of sleep makes things worse.

Any others have any advice or experience, other than of course “grinning and bearing it”?

Thanks in advance.

LAC

Reactive Arthritis, since June 2015.
    Current Meds: Been on Minocin 200mg daily since November 2016, now on M/W/F 200mg AP.

Supplements Daily: 2 caps Krill Oil, 20mg Astaxanthin, 10IU Vitamin D3, 1g NAC, 24mg of boron a day.

Alternative: Periodic use of home made collodial silver 150ml daily. TCM herbs to target infection, heat and inflammation. Acupuncture to relieve pressure and release heat. 2tbs of organic coconut oil. Oral form of essential oils frankincense and oregano. Topical form of e

richie
    Participant

You had mood swings and loss of sleep and you say it could be beneficial ??? How can you possible recommend it –Very puzzling !!!!!

whaleharbor
    Keymaster

I can tell you this LifeAboutChange….if you google fasting and RA you will note that there is definitely evidence to support the fact that fasting helps symptoms…of course, as soon as we begin eating again symptoms return. But if you google intermittent fasting you’ll find that all sorts of people are doing very short term fasts 5:2 (5 days eat whatever you want) (2 Days eat low calorie – not a complete fast). There is also the 16:8…16 hours of no eating, 8 hours of eating..which is as easy as skipping breakfast. Personally I have fasted before …but by fasting I mean 16:8 …skipping breakfast…with the doctors approval and supervision. It’s not easy for me even though skipping breakfast is easy for most people. Anyway, it has helped me in the past with RA…but I would never ever ever do it without my doctor’s approval. I would certainly not do it if I were losing sleep and having mood swings. From my research, just skipping breakfast is enough to give our bodies a break and reap the benefits…so why on earth do more than that? Plus for women of child-bearing age, fasting can disrupt their cycles and I don’t want that for sure. Not sure if you are a man or a woman, but I’m a woman and that concerns me. Anyhow, talk to your doctor, don’t put your body under more strain that needed. If you doc approves I’m sure they will want to monitor you and I personally would never do more than 16:8 because it’s too difficult and not necessary…but your doc will be able to tell you what they think you would benefit from most if any fasting at all. Keep us posted, please as I do find this all very fascinating.

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

richie
    Participant

Your approach makes sense

LifeAboutChange
    Participant

Guys – I look forward to some more credible responses than above from the forum – some people with experience and knowledge. From the responses above with A) consult your doctor and B) you had mood swings and sleep problems – seems that you have little depth or experience thus far in the area of RA or natural therapies and listen to your Doctors FAR too much. Consulting a Doctor in alternative therapies is the WORST thing one could do as they know far less about it than any of us and yes feeling worse before better – it is naturally occurring Herxing effect when the body is releasing toxins. From the many books and articles I have read, one of the #1 things in naturally curing RA is 7days intermitted fasting – it will help reset things also purge things deep inside. My question was, is there a way to subdue the sleep or mood swings a little while the herxing is quite dramatic in the first 24-72hrs.

Anyone have any real experience or advice. I am planning to do it next month for 7days.

Thanks,

LAC

Current Meds: Been on Minocin 200mg daily since November 2016, now on M/W/F 200mg AP.

Supplements Daily: 2 caps Krill Oil, 20mg Astaxanthin, 10IU Vitamin D3, 1g NAC, 24mg of boron a day.

Alternative: Periodic use of home made collodial silver 150ml daily. TCM herbs to target infection, heat and inflammation. Acupuncture to relieve pressure and release heat. 2tbs of organic coconut oil. Oral form of essential oils frankincense and oregano. Topical form of e

richie
    Participant

“Consult Your Doctor far too much ” “Consulting an alternative doctor is the worst thing someone can do” –“Self diagnose reactive arthritis -That about says it all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I look forward to posts that mean something and make sense -if that is possible —

LifeAboutChange
    Participant

Actually, what was written above is consulting a doctor “about alternative therapies” not about an alternative doctor. My comments are above are also aimed at being quite helpful and others are very welcome to read the books I have read on the subject as well as the many articles if one is also looking for a long lasting cure.

I believe this forum should be informative, open minded about all aspects of a cure. After all the the entire research by Dr. Brown (if you have read his wonderful book) is based on alternative therapy as the entire medical community and Doctors went heavily against him. Roadback.org is dedicated to Dr. Browns research – thus in itself is alternative and curbs well away from “traditional” Doctor’s advice, therapy and diagnosis.

Some links to those that are opened minded about cures to read, if you are not, that is ok also, just don’t read, click or comment. 😉

http://www.myradiary.com/357/therapeutic-fast-for-rheumatoid-arthritis-reversal-and-sustained-recovery
    http://reset.me/story/woman-cures-ra-and-ibs-with-diet-and-fasting/

If others are interested on the books also – I happy to recommend.

LAC

richie
    Participant

By the way RA stands for rheumatoid arthritis –Secondly this is not a do it yourself board –nor is it a board that engages in medical advice —Consulting with doctors is not only encouraged but strongly recommended —-Your so-called self diagnosis or approach is certainly not taken serious by me –Strongly suggest you include in your research what the Roadback Foundation is all about !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LifeAboutChange
    Participant

Richie have you read Dr. Brown’s book and other books on the subject? Not sure why you think I would not know what RA stands for either… I hope the admin of this forum can adjust things a little as it seems more trolling than anything helpful the community.

I am not attacking you, not sure why my responses above, that are helpful, and are based on credible cures from others is making you so upset. Fasting can help the body purge toxins, much like we are attempting to do with AP and Minocylin – and from countless testimonials I have read it can definitely help a lot if not cure in some cases… why is this subject not relevant or helpful to the forum?

LAC

whaleharbor
    Keymaster

In the interest of anyone else in the future reading this…the American College of Rheumatology recognizes Minocycline as a DMARD….thus minocycline is not alternative at all. Here’s a link from the American College of Rheumatology http://www.rheumatology.org/I-Am-A/Patient-Caregiver/Treatments/Minocycline-Minocin

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

LifeAboutChange
    Participant

Depending on the definition of alternative, AP and Minocylin is if you consider that very few Doctors know about it and we have to teach ourselves by the book and forum and take it to the Doctors to prescribe and convince them. Alternative definition from “(of one or more things) available as another possibility” – Dr. Brown was (if you had read the book) actually asked to leave the Arthritis organisation due to his research as it was “too alternative” and against the narrative of “treating the symptom” that the medical community largely did then and still does today.

Lets work together and be open minded on all aspects of cure and treatment. If we all just listened our local Doctor (unless you are lucky enough to have one educated about AP – which would amazingly awesome) most of the Medical community does not know and we need to dig ourselves and this forum is exactly about that… helping each other with new ideas and support them to grow and find a cure together.

LAC

LifeAboutChange
    Participant

Minocycline (Minocin) is an antibiotic sometimes used to treat rheumatoid arthritis (RA). It is part of the group of antibiotics known as tetracyclines. Although RA is not thought to be caused by an infection, minocycline may improve the signs and symptoms of this disease. Minocycline also belongs to the class of drugs known as DMARDs (disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs). – See more at: http://www.rheumatology.org/I-Am-A/Patient-Caregiver/Treatments/Minocycline-Minocin#sthash.e0E26wJ3.dpuf – and on the link above to the Rheumatology that was posted – here is an extract – saying that RA is “NOT” caused by infection (or bacteria) when in fact this entire forum is dedicated to AP and Dr. Brown’s research on killing the infection that CAUSES RA.

LAC

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

LAC
    If you just paste in the links to the books, the site/images will come up (that takes up a lot of space). If you use the link button on the menu bar, just the link will show up in the post.
    You can edit the post now to change this 🙂

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

richie
    Participant

I didnt read many books — I lived it and dealt with it and overcame it –now in remission —I just dont agree with your approach at all

richie
    Participant

Most of your responses are in fact not helpful –you mention an approach then go on to say all the problems you have had with the approach and then tell people its beneficial –thats pure gibberish —-you throw the word cure around yet have no idea if even cures are attainable —In my eyes you have no credibility at all -there are many people here who have credibility because they have experience and success in dealing with problems –these are the people worth listening to –you are just making noise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.