Home Forums General Discussion Eye-popping article about Lyme politics.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Maz
    Keymaster

Published on December 11th on the on-Lyme.org website, a researcher, Dr. Sin Hang Lee, who has developed a new direct detection Lyme test for early Lyme disease, is reportedly taking legal actions against major institutions, alledging an anti-competitive campaign has been undertaken to prevent the development and use of borrelial DNA direct-testing methods.

Should the Lyme Patients’ RICO lawsuit include Yale?

Further still, his eye-popping statement regarding the treatment of chronic Lyme rheumatic patients:

Prescribing pain killers and immunosuppressants for patients with post-treatment Lyme disease syndrome (PTLDS) is a major business for the rheumatologists in Lyme disease-endemic areas. Delaying diagnosis of Lyme disease infection until the patients are in convalescence is an effective way to maintain a high number of customers with PTLDS for the pain management industry, a practice considered to be acceptable for more than 30 years.

richie
    Participant

Hi Maz –Firstly thanks for all the good work you do here —hope everyone realizes the significance of it !!!! -Now This Dr Lee is an anti-establishment person who has sued entities in the past —It would seem to me that there is a credibility issue with him —-I would think if he has a significant contribution to the lyme issue -certainly a major company would collaborate –The profit motive over rides every thing !!!Any way –keep up all the important work you do and all the best –Richie

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Richie,

Thanks for your kind words.

For all old-timers, like you and me, we know this Lyme mess has been a long time in the making and that smear campaigns have taken place to protect rigid – unscientific – points of view.

CT Attorney Blumenthal stated as much in his anti-trust investigation in 2006:

Attorney General’s Investigation Reveals Flawed Lyme Disease Guideline Process, IDSA Agrees To Reassess Guidelines, Install Independent Arbiter

You’re right – it’s got to the point where we no longer know what is the real truth about anything. What has become more than apparent in Lyme politics, however, is that “Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.”

Linda L
    Participant

What a greedy world we live in! Thank you Maz. I have googled Dr Lee’s name and yes, he has done or he has tried to do a lot. Does he live in America or China?

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Maz
    Keymaster

He works in the next town over from me, Linda – very near Yale Hospital and their medical research centers. It was the epicenter of Lyme research in the early days of its discovery in CT.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.