Home Forums General Discussion EnteraGam – Have you head of this? To help heal leaky gut?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Airen
    Participant

Have any of you heard of this? My functional medicine doctor prescribed this to me at my last appointment to assist with healing the gut. EnteraGam is a medical food product intended for the dietary management of chronic diarrhea and loose stools. I don’t have this at all in fact, I don’t go as often as I should since grains have been removed so I worry that this will stop me up more. What are your thoughts on the product? I haven’t begun taking it because I’m nervous of it constipating me. But I do want assistance repairing my gut.

Active ingredient: 5 grams of Serum-derived bovine immunoglobulin/protein isolate (SBI) per packet. Inactive ingredients: 5 grams dextrose, trace amounts of sunflower lecithin. EnteraGam does not contain any milk products (lactose, casein, whey), is gluten-free, dye-free, and soy-free.

Diagnosed with RA in October 2014, pain started in February 2014
    Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

Maz
    Keymaster

Haven’t heard of it before, but it sounds like a gut toxin-binder. It also seems to be a bit like bovine colostrum in that it is made from bovine immunoglobulins (boost immunity) in a formulation with lethicin that helps to thin bile. My guess is that it might helpful for anyone with gut overgrowth and leaky gut or simply to help with removing nasty inflammatory substances from the gut and preventing toxin recirculation. I’d be really interested to hear how you do on it Airen.

Linda L
    Participant

Airen,
    Can you eat gluten free bread?

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Airen
    Participant

Yes, I can eat gluten free bread. I enjoy it but I am also trying to lose a little weight so breads and grains and pastas I am staying away from…which helps you go, I know! I need help going at this point. I am not eating as many veggies as I need to…being a busy mom and working full time, it’s hard to go home and cook a balanced meal. Still nervous to take this if constipation is a possibility.

Diagnosed with RA in October 2014, pain started in February 2014
    Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.