Home Forums General Discussion Enlarged lymph node

Tagged: 

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Maz.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Airen
    Participant

I have one on my neck and has been there for over a year. It has not changed or gotten any better with being on antibiotics for 8 months. It hurts occasionally. It is almond shaped and soft. It still worries me from time to time and wonder what is causing it. I do have high levels of EBV and it is supposedly common with people with RA. But I don’t like that excuse of “it’s common.” Well, I want to know what’s causing it and how to make it better. Will it get better as I get better? Any thoughts?

Diagnosed with RA in October 2014, pain started in February 2014
    Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Airen,

What does your doc say about your enlarged lymph node? A good first step, if it’s a concern, would be to get an ultrasound of your neck (and thyroid) to take a look at the lymph node.

Airen
    Participant

Nothing really. Just that they would “keep an eye on it.” I did have an ultrasound on my thyroid and this lymph node about a year ago and nothing came of it. Nothing was seen that was alarming or any need for intervention. Ultrasound was done by my endocrinologist.

Diagnosed with RA in October 2014, pain started in February 2014
    Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

Maz
    Keymaster

That’s really good, Airen! If it’s something they said to watch, it is a good idea to follow up with annual ultrasounds. It’s just s wise precaution and should help to prevent your worry. If you want to be really sure what’s causing it, then a fine needle biopsy would be a next step. I’ve had this done for my thyroid and it’s no biggy. Alternatively, you could have it removed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.