Home Forums General Discussion "Eating Sesame Seeds Superior To Tylenol for Knee Arthritis"

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    lynnie_sydney
    Participant

very interesting on a number of levels and may have benefits for many people. Also just need to point out that it was osteoarthritis in patients that was being looked at not rheumatoid.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

richie
    Participant

Hi I remember going to an RBF dinner years ago –the star was a young girl who recovered from JRA using minocycline —I am well aware of the potential for problems using mino on a young child –such as teeth etc –it may be worthwhile discussing it with your doctor since progress is not very good —
    richie

Krys
    Participant

@Zeljana wrote:

sesame seed
    best to do this fresh with a mortar and pestle (first choice) or coffee grinder, also making sure that your seeds are raw, certified organic, and vetted to have not undergone gamma irradiation…

Zeljana,
    From my experience, black sesame seed has superior joint and anti-inflammatory properties to yellow sesame seed.
    A few times that I ate just about 1 tsp., swollen little joints (my main joint problem) would go back to normal within 20-30 minutes.

I wonder if your little one would like a dessert of home-made halva (sesame seed + honey)?

I had read about sesame oil rubbed into joints for pain relief. I think it takes time to see the results. I did not notice any immediate difference. But I used yellow sesame oil. People in India use primarily cold pressed black sesame seed oil, not the yellow one, for massaging into the skin and for rubbing for osteo related joint pain.

Sesame seed in Ayurveda:
    http://www.positivehealth.com/article/ayurveda/the-therapeutic-value-of-sesame-oil
    http://banyanbotanicals.com/banyan_sesame_oil.html The only article mentioning contraindications 🙁
    http://ayurvedicoils.com/tag/sesame-oil-in-ayurveda

Warm wishes, Krys

richie
    Participant

Hi Krys–
    If your Halvah is anything like genuine New York Halvah which is still available in a few shops in lower Manhattan -it must be great —Years ago it was all over New York now just available in a few shops –I am talking real Halvah not the packaged junk –I remember it was sold from very large bricks and the customer would specify how big a chunk to cut –it was very oily which was the sesame oil –made with honey- sesame paste -sesame oil — pistachios and more —I really do miss that Halvah –the packaged type we see now -I wouldnt feed to my goldfish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    richie

Krys
    Participant

@richie wrote:

…anything like genuine New York Halvah….very oily which was the sesame oil –made with honey- sesame paste -sesame oil — pistachios and more —I really do miss that Halvah

Yay!!!
    That’s a treat I remember eating as a kid and adult until a few years ago. Thank you, Richie, for bringing my attention to the changes in quality of available Halvah. I stopped buying it and stopped missing it without realizing why.

I’ve never made Halvah myself, but it should be fairly easy. I was suggesting to Zeljana to do a homemade one (or something reminiscent of Halvah) if she means to introduce the seeds and oil (outside of using oil for massage) to her daughter because I believe the homemade one will retain valuable qualities. I have no idea what temperatures are used in ready made Halvah, but chances are they are high enough to decrease the medicinal properties of the oil and seeds.
    1 tsp now and then as a treat, maybe chilled and wrapped in a fancy wrapper, could bring the little girl joy and be good for her at the same time?

Hi Zeljana,
    You are such a fabulous mom! You will get your daughter well!
    Abx will do their job soon. And as for additional help, it’s probably, to a large extent, a trial and error type of thing. You are doing so much already. 🙂

I wonder if you had researched the diet, like relation between gluten and inflammation, and if you are familiar with GAPS diet?
    There may be no need to go into such lengths, but you may get some ideas how to incorporate certain good for her foods to make the meals more easy to digest and to assimilate. You said that she refuses to eat kefir. Maybe adding some kefir or a tsp/TBSP of kefir/sauerkraut juice to lukewarm soup would make it appetizing to her?

Yellowish teeth….She is too little to want to do oil-pulling, but maybe brushing her teeth with pure coconut oil instead of/in addition to toothpaste, and then eventually trying to add a tiny amount of something else (1/2 drop of H2O2 or a very tiny amount of baking soda?) would be some help?
    I cannot find the article I saw recently with a good photo of pure coconut oil on a toothbrush. The one below’s recipe is more for grown-ups. I’m supplying the link as an idea only.
    http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/03/homemade-toothpaste-with-coconut-oil.html

Wishing your daughter full and speedy recovery,
    Krys

A Friend
    Participant

@Zeljana wrote:

@lynnie_sydney wrote:

very interesting on a number of levels and may have benefits for many people. Also just need to point out that it was osteoarthritis in patients that was being looked at not rheumatoid.

Yes you’re right but I would try to give this to my daughter. I belive it can not hurt. 🙂

Hello Zeljana, Lynnie, and others of you who have added to this thread. Thanks for sharing this information. The knee arthritis mentioned in the posted topic, along with heart conditions and statin drugs mentioned in some of the associated tests discussed in the links, has important information that may be especially helpful to my own family members… especially the link information about negation of benefits of fish oil when statins are taken.

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/eating-sesame-seeds-superior-tylenol-knee-arthritis

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/article/lipid-lowering-drugs-and-essential-omega-6-and-omega-3-fatty-acids-patients

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/these-blockbuster-drugs-destroy-heart-benefits-fish-oil
    MORE

Todd WI
    Participant

seeds may be good for RA too:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22162258

Not a high success rate, 30-42%, but also only administered for 1 month.

Todd

nigella sativa is black seed which apparently is NOT related to sesame seed, but is sometimes called black sesame and a host of other names…

Anonymous
    Participant

@lynnie_sydney wrote:

Hello All,

I got the following message from Zeljana to my private email;

I can not see my profile on RBF and all my posts are deleted.
    I do not have any messages neither from you or anyone else.
    Maybe it is spam??
    Can you please ask Maz or any administrator in my name cause I do not know what to do..
    I had tons of links and posts that other posted me but now all is gone!!!
    Yesterday it was all fine but today it looks Like that I was never registration..
    I need help for my daughter from peoples like you on RBF.

Thank you!
    Zeljana

Can her problem be corrected?

I am happy to pass the message to her for her action. Cheers..Nuket

Forum Admin
    Keymaster

Nuket
    Answer below has been posted on Zeljana’s own post re this. Thank you for your offer to help. We are trying to re-instate her original profile.
    RBFV

Zeljana
    We are very sorry to say that your original registration was mistakenly deleted amongst hundreds of spam registrations two days ago. We have asked the webmaster if there is a way to restore your original registration and posts and we ask for your patience while this is being looked into. Meantime, please continue to post under the new registration and, once again, we are very sorry for the error.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.