Home Forums General Discussion Dumb Question

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Terri9967
    Participant

Is there a body soap that you would recommend when dealing with Scleroderma?  Just wondering if there is one that is better then another when dealing with skin hardening.

Terri

MaryP
    Participant

Good question! I use an olive oil based natural soap. Eucerin Calming Creme (hope using brand names is ok) right after a bath really helps moisturize and helps stop the dry skin itchies. Don't get me wrong; neither one stop thick skin or are miracle cures. They're just my preference for comfort. Might take some experimenting on your own to find what works for you. Good luck!

Kim
    Participant

I use Dove for sensitive skin because it doesn't have any perfumes, etc., then really lay on Aveeno body lotion to help with the  tight skin and itchies.

suera
    Participant

hi, i don't have sceloderma but if i remember correctly my natuopath dr said organic coconut oil is good.

sue

Terri9967
    Participant

Thanks for all the suggestions.   I will try them and see which one works for me.  Cant use anything with coconut in it, as I am allergic to it.  Anything that helps in the smallest way will be appreciated….  Feel like a lizzard here.. LOL

Eggs
    Participant

At the Whole Foods store they sell a papaya body lotion that works great. It was the only thing that would keep me from itching before my skin loosened.

Karen R
    Participant

Hi Terri,

I use Dove with Shea butter and it works great for Scleroderma skin.

Best,

Karen:blush:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ Dumb Question’ is closed to new replies.