Home Forums General Discussion Dry Eye Relief

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

I mentioned this in another discussion topic but thought it warranted it’s own thread.
    I’m probably not the only one here who has scratchy, red inflamed eyes. I have gone to 3 eye doctors regarding the issue – they say glands in my lids are inflamed and so not producing much tears.

I went to 3 doctors because I wanted to find one that had a solution other than immune suppressant drops (Restasis). Of course none of them did. All of them only told me to take Restasis.

Well after doing a ton of my own research I found a really EASY solution that is working amazingly for me: WASHING the eyelid 2-3 times a day (first thing in AM, right before bed and sometimes in the middle of the day).

There are some products made specifically for this purpose. The one I’m using is called Occusoft:

I think the theory is that a biofilm builds up on and around the eyes and our body is reacting to that with inflammation.

My corneas are WHITE for the first time in I-dont-know-how-long and my eyes are not constantly in discomfort. It only took a day or so of doing this to notice a big difference.

After doing this for a month I went back to one of those eye doctors for a followup. They did the “dry eye workup”, doing all the same tests they did a month prior to get an objective measure of my eye redness and dryness. They measured an increase in tear production that they dont see in people using Restasis (it takes 6-9 months on restasis to see such kind of improvement, the doctor said).

So I would just like to recommend this lid-washing trick before trying such expensive, unpleasant, risky and pretty ineffective drugs like Restasis.

I cant believe that not one of these doctors told me of such a simple solution.

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

CMS12
    Participant

Thank you so much Pinkmoth for sharing this. My eyes have red streaks on them, which is not very attractive. I have purchased. Clarification? You put this on the outside lid?

Cindy

Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

Cindy,
    Yes it comes as little pads, like handi-wipes which you unfold and then run across the outside of the lids like you were removing makeup.
    I wash the top lid and all the exterior skin that’s within a 1″ radius of my eye (above and below)

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

CMS12
    Participant

Thanks much, Pinkmoth.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.