Home Forums General Discussion Dr Mirkin about antibiotics

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Linda L
    Participant

It is a very interesting article about using antibiotics. Dr Mirkin explains the differences between Minocycline and Doxycycline at the end.
    I don’t know why but I cannot copy and paste the link, so please google:

“Why I Prescribe Antibiotics to Patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, and Other Autoimmune Diseases”
    By Gabe Mirkin M.D.

Best wishes to everyone.
    Linda L.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Spiffy

I had read this earlier. He is so close to me. I sure wish he had not retired!

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

jasregadoo
    JohnnyMax
    Participant

I tried to contact him also in 2013 when running across his website, unfortunately he responded he had retired, but was nice enough to give me some advice on treatment. It is a shame, not really any good doctors in the Tri-State region on the AP list, the good ones have retired.

John

Maz
    Keymaster

It is a shame, not really any good doctors in the Tri-State region on the AP list, the good ones have retired.

Hi John,

I have a terrific integrative LLMD here in CT who is aware of RBF and Brown’s protocols and uses them for rheumatic patients, as well as offers additional abx in an MSIDS approach, assists with diet, detox, chelation, hormones…pretty much the full gamut. Young, innovative and open-minded, as long as the benefits of any treatment outweigh any potential risks for a particular patient. There are a couple others in CT, but mostly LLMDs.

Linda L
    Participant

Has anyone had any experience with Zithromax and Mino or Doxy for RA? Please let me know.
    Linda L

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Maz
    Keymaster

Has anyone had any experience with Zithromax and Mino or Doxy for RA? Please let me know.
    Linda L

Hi Linda,

Yes, I have used mino/zith, doxy/biaxin and tetra/biaxin.

It is a very interesting article about using antibiotics. Dr Mirkin explains the differences between Minocycline and Doxycycline at the end.

“Why I Prescribe Antibiotics to Patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, and Other Autoimmune Diseases”
    By Gabe Mirkin M.D.

Best wishes to everyone.
    Linda L.

By Gabe Mirkin M.D.

Best wishes to everyone.
    Linda L.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.