Home Forums General Discussion Dr. K and IV’s

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Eva Holloway
    Participant

Maz and other patients of Dr.K
    good news about Dr. K in Texas she has gone to a seminar in Portland,OR to learn how to do IV’s. I am somewhat hoping I may get to do that since I have a problem with getting Minocin now and Biaxin. Dr. B. my pulmonary doctor gave me Arithromycin this time since I can not take the time release Biaxin.

Eva 🙂

Eva Holloway

Maz
    Keymaster

@Eva Holloway wrote:

Maz and other patients of Dr.K
    good news about Dr. K in Texas she has gone to a seminar in Portland,OR to learn how to do IV’s. I am somewhat hoping I may get to do that since I have a problem with getting Minocin now and Biaxin. Dr. B. my pulmonary doctor gave me Arithromycin this time since I can not take the time release Biaxin.

Eva, great news on both fronts…that Dr. K may now be making a return to doing IVs and that you got switched to azithromycin.

It’s not a bad idea to rotate abx within the same class every now and again anyway, so do hope the zith will be as effective for you as the biaxin had been.

It’s strange, because I had been led to understand that Dr. K. used to do IV clindamycin but had stopped due to run-ins with insurance companies. If you happen to get any more info on this and when she begins doing them again, would be very interested to know. Thanks!

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Maz,
    Dr. K has expanded her office and I think that is why she now is going back to the IVs and I think more people are asking because some of the older doctors are retiring and someone has to pick up. I am just so worried about the next generation of doctors and RA/Lyme patients there will not be enough doctors to take care of them unless we get some doctors to see that the antibiotic protocol helps more than the heavy drugs
    Eva 🙁

Eva Holloway

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.