Home Forums General Discussion Doxycycline Tablets or Capsules?

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    JoAnnC68
    Participant

Hello…
    I’ve been in remission with RA for a couple of years now…but I was still take the Minocycline 2-3 times a week for protections. A few months ago I notice my skin was turning a blackish color around my neck. My next trip to have my blood tested, I asked the DR about switching to Doxycycline, which he was okay with doing that. I received tablets when I picked them up at drug store. Now it is time to re-order, should I request the capsules or stay with the tablets?
    Thanks in advance.
    Jo Ann

Diagnosed with RA Jan 2012
    Oct 2015- RF has dropped to 19!!! Isn't that Great! ?! I'm feeling wonderful! I'm still taking Mino 2 x daily...if I don't forget!
    Oct 2014 RF has dropped to 23.1!! Taking Mino 100mg 2 x daily. No Pains & doing great!!
    Oct 2013-RF has dropped to 40.9!!! Feeling Wonderful!!
    7-17-2013 I'm going Great!! Still taking mino 100mg twice daily. No pains or Complaints!
    5-9-2013 RA Dr said I was doing good, I could stop taking prednisone since I dropped to 1/2 mg...so will

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Jo Ann,

It shouldn’t really matter. However, I found that the tablets seem to be slightly gentler on the stomach.

Who makes those generic doxy tablets that you’ve been taking?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

JoAnnC68
    Participant

Thank you Phil for your prompt reply!

I really don’t see a company name…unless CIT is it?
    On the bottle: Doxy-cycline HYC 100MG TAB CIT They are round orange tablet.
    Thanks again.
    Jo Ann

Oct 2015- RF has dropped to 19!!! Isn't that Great! ?! I'm feeling wonderful! I'm still taking Mino 2 x daily...if I don't forget!
    Oct 2014 RF has dropped to 23.1!! Taking Mino 100mg 2 x daily. No Pains & doing great!!
    7-17-2013 I'm going Great!! Still taking mino 100mg twice daily. No pains or Complaints!
    5-9-2013 RA Dr said I was doing good, I could stop taking prednisone since I dropped to 1/2 mg...so will

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Jo Ann,

What codes are imprinted on the tablets? There should be some letters and/or numbers.

Phil

- Albert Einstein

JoAnnC68
    Participant

Hi Phil,

I’ve already ran out of the tablets. Sorry. When I went to pick up my meds, they were out of the tablets, said they were on backorder, so they replaced my prescription with the capsules.

Jo Ann

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Jo Ann,

Do you still have the empty bottle? Usually, there is info on the label describing what the pills look like and what’s written on them.

Phil

- Albert Einstein

JoAnnC68
    Participant

Hi Phil,
    Yes, I still had the bottle, on the back at bottom is:3626 Orange Round Tablet.
    On the front is:
    Doxy-cycline HYC 100MG TAB CIT …..maybe CIT stand for the company’s name?

Jo Ann

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Jo Ann,

Those tablets were made by Chartwell Pharmaceuticals. What do the capsules look like?

Phil

- Albert Einstein

JoAnnC68
    Participant

Phil,
    Thanks for that info.
    The Doxy-Cycline HYC 100MG Cap Cit, they are Blue capsule, #2985 2985

Jo Ann

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Jo Ann,

Those capsules were made by Chartwell Pharmaceuticals (in Congers, NY). And so were the tablets. Initially I was fooled into thinking Cipla made them because not all companies are upfront about who makes the pills they’re selling. Fortunately, some companies are, and that’s how I figured out who the manufacturer is. The “CIT” on your prescription is a clue that the pills probably came from a bottle with a Citron Pharma label.

Phil

- Albert Einstein

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.