Home Forums General Discussion Doxycycline Advice

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    maddie
    Participant

Hi everyone

I’m new here. I started having symmetrical arthritic pains in my joints a few months ago, which leads me to believe I have some kind of inflammatory arthritis.

I have been on a gluten free/dairy free diet for about three months, since my symptoms started. I’m not sure this has helped much, although I’m going to keep up an anti-inflammatory diet because I want to keep any inflammation down as much as possible.

Based in the UK, I am seeing one of the AP doctors who wants me to see a rheumatologist to get my diagnosis confirmed. He won’t give me minocin until then which although I understand, I found a bit frustrating.

Therefore I decided to order doxycycline 100mg online from a legit pharmacy who thinks I’m using it for malaria. Sneaky and rather reckless, I know but I want to start treatment as soon as possible.

My question is, I was going to take doxycycline three times a week (m/w/f). Is this correct? I have also ordered some vsl3 probiotics to take on a Tuesday and Thursday.

Many thanks

Maddie

No official diagnosis yet but probably some type sero-negative, symmetrical inflammatory arthritis.
    Started AP treatment December 2018. 200mg Minocin MR Mon/Wed/Fri.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Maddie,

My question is, I was going to take doxycycline three times a week (m/w/f). Is this correct?

That is a typical starting dose for doxycycline.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.