Home Forums General Discussion Doxy Brands

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    snglbear24
    Participant

Hi. Does anyone know a good generic brand of doxy I should look for? Thank you.

Stacy

Diffused Scleroderma/SLE Overlap
    Minocycline June 2016 2 x 100 daily
    Culturelle Probiotic 2 x daily
    Tumeric 400 mg 3 x daily

PhilC
    Participant

Greenstone (capsules)
    Blu Pharmaceuticals (tablets)
    Sun Pharma (tablets only; avoid the capsules)

If I could get them, Greenstone capsules would be my first choice.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

snglbear24
    Participant

Hi Phil. I found Actavis tablets. I know the Actavis mino is good. I also found sun. What would u prefer? Do u know what pharmacy by u carries greenstone? Thanks.

Tumeric 400 mg 3 x daily

PhilC
    Participant

Actavis capsules or tablets are probably OK. If you can wait a day or so, I may be able to find a source of Greenstone capsules.

Phil

- Albert Einstein

snglbear24
    Participant

Oh great. I will wait. Thank you.

Stacy

Tumeric 400 mg 3 x daily

snglbear24
    Participant

Phil would u try and mix doxy and demeclocyline somehow? Or just add Zithromax or another antibiotic to the doxy?

Tumeric 400 mg 3 x daily

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Stacy,

I think I would prefer to try azithromycin or clarithromycin first. I doubt that very many people on this forum have taken demeclocycline, so much less is known about it compared to doxycycline, minocycline, and the commonly-prescribed macrolide antibiotics.

Phil

- Albert Einstein

snglbear24
    Participant

Maybe I can mix it with doxy. If u get a lead on greenstone let me know and I will definitely call the pharmacy and have it shipped. If u were doing doxy would u do 150 mg 2 times daily? Thanks.

Stacy

Tumeric 400 mg 3 x daily

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Stacy,

Getting info on the availability of Greenstone capsules will unfortunately be delayed because of the weekend. I did not know that pharmacies lose database access during weekends and are unable to look up info for potential special orders.

If u were doing doxy would u do 150 mg 2 times daily?

Yes, I would consider doing that if 100 mg twice daily wasn’t working well enough.

I’ve thought about your situation some more, and I think you should ask Dr. S. to prescribe doxycycline hyclate delayed-release tablets (Doryx). Doryx is a very expensive, pelleted form of doxy. Fortunately, there are generic versions available.

Phil

- Albert Einstein

snglbear24
    Participant

Hi Phil. I’m going to get my doxy filled while waiting on the mino issue. Do you have a brand of the doxy tablets you could recommend? Thanks.

Tumeric 400 mg 3 x daily

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Stacy,

It would probably be best to call a few pharmacies and ask them what they can get. First ask them which generic they normally stock. Then ask them if they can get Greenstone capsules (if they don’t stock them). If they can’t get them, ask them which generics they can get. You’ll probably be told about several kinds of generic doxy capsules they could special order for you. Write all the info down, and then ask them about generic doxy tablets — ask them what they normally stock, and what’s available via special order.

Occasionally you may get someone on the phone who is lazy and/or uncooperative, and basically won’t answer your questions. Just move on and call other pharmacies. Then call that pharmacy again later and hope that someone helpful answers the phone. Or if it’s a chain pharmacy like CVS or Walgreens, try calling a different store in your general area or in a nearby town.

Report back with your findings.

Phil

- Albert Einstein

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.