Home Forums General Discussion Dosage Regime

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    PhilC
    Participant

Zydus mino is not made in India. It is made in Sellersville, Pennsylvania.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

jennamp
    Participant

Interesting. Both my husband and I were told by the ZYDUS customer service nurse (877.993.8779) that the drug is manufactured in India. How do you know it’s a Sellersville PA product?

PhilC
    Participant

How do you know it’s a Sellersville PA product?

I looked into it back in September. And I sent them an e-mail message today to confirm that it is still being made there.

By the way, I found the place of manufacture by looking on this web page:
    https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=25acb785-6838-4e62-9e86-ddc30b2b759a

- Albert Einstein

jennamp
    Participant

I eagerly await your response. I called again today, mentioned the site and Sellersville info and the story gets cloudier from what I was told. Some ingredients may be sourced from the Sellersville PA plant, but the rest from India WHERE THE PILLS ARE MANUFACTURED. The saga continues. Who knew this was such a tangled web. I’m calling Torrent again now to confirm if their ingredients are all US based. Sigh.

PhilC
    Participant

I believe that the person you have been speaking with is an unreliable source of information. Here is the message I received yesterday:

“My apologies for the mis-information, this product is still manufactured in Sellersville, PA.”

This information is found on the web page I linked to in my previous message:

Manufactured By:

G&W PA Laboratories, LLC.

650 Cathill Road,

Sellersville, PA 18960

Distributed By:

Zydus Pharmaceuticals (USA) Inc.

Pennington, NJ 08534

Rev. 08/2017

———-

That’s the information that I trust, and it better be correct, otherwise the company is providing the FDA with false information (which I doubt). By the way, pharmacists are also unreliable sources for this kind of information. More than once, people on here have asked pharmacists where a particular generic is made, and what they were told was wrong — they were given the name of the country the company is based in, and not the true place of manufacture (which is often different).

Forget about trying to find drugs which are made from 100% US-made ingredients. That is a wild goose chase. What’s most important is that the pills are made properly, and from high-quality ingredients. To accomplish that, the people making the pills need to be knowledgeable and experienced, which is why we avoid companies with a bad reputation.

- Albert Einstein

jennamp
    Participant

I wholeheartedly agree that quality is of the utmost import, more so than the place of manufacture, although they can be correlated. My husband stopped his Zydus (NDC 68382-316-01) and started the Torrent (NDC 13668-485-01) version this week, so we’ll see if he notices any change. Thanks for staying on top of this.

Frustrating path to discern where a drug is made and receive conflicting info from the vendor. I called the manufacturer, ZYDUS @ 877.993.8779, 3 times and spoke with 3 different customer service nurses, so if you can’t trust the manufacturer…who can you? Which email address provided the sellersville confirm? I’d like to touch base and see why the company provides incorrect info via the phone route!

PhilC
    Participant

I used the first e-mail address (sales) found on this web page:
    http://www.zydususa.com/contact-us/

I am taking Torrent capsules currently. They seem OK, and I like the fact that they do not contain any dyes. However, I am not 100% satisfied with them since they seem to be noticeably weaker than the Par tablets that I was taking previously.

- Albert Einstein

richie
    Participant

Jenn -Think you are creating all kinds of confusion for yourself -I. E Torrent right now is the Ranbaxy product -under an agreement Ranbaxy has to supply Torrent with minocycline until Torrent builds their own plant -the white and greyish capsule is actually Ranbaxy -!! After taking the brand for 20 years or so Valeant stopped making brand-went to the Torr product without any hitch

richie
    Participant

Just checked my capsules -marked RX696 -Torrent is one of the re-packagers -Its Ranbaxy product

PhilC
    Participant

These are the Par minocycline tablet ingredients:

Active Ingredient/Active Moiety

MINOCYCLINE HYDROCHLORIDE (UNII: 0020414E5U)

Inactive Ingredients

ANHYDROUS LACTOSE (UNII: 3SY5LH9PMK)
    CELLULOSE, MICROCRYSTALLINE (UNII: OP1R32D61U)
    SODIUM STARCH GLYCOLATE TYPE A POTATO (UNII: 5856J3G2A2)
    MAGNESIUM STEARATE (UNII: 70097M6I30)
    TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP)
    POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL 400 (UNII: B697894SGQ)
    POLYSORBATE 80 (UNII: 6OZP39ZG8H)
    SILICON DIOXIDE (UNII: ETJ7Z6XBU4)
    POVIDONE K30 (UNII: U725QWY32X)

Source:
    https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=37baf13f-cc65-44a1-93d9-e5213875af1a

I don’t see any sources of gluten in that list of ingredients, so I doubt the claim that these tablets are not gluten-free.

Phil

- Albert Einstein

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.