Home Forums General Discussion Doctor recommendation for Canada

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Valsmum
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to help a friend find a good doctor in Yukon ,Cannda or Whitehorse, Canada. She prefers one with knowledge of Ankslosing Spondylitis. She is suffering with arthritis and needs a good GP. The GP she went to was not helpful at all, so I told her I would see if anyone could recommend a GP whether an AP doctor or not is fine at this point. She would like to see a rheumatologist and she can’t without a good GP, due to some of the restictions in Canada. She is in pain and needs help.

You can PM me , Thank you!
    Sheri

Maz
    Keymaster

@Valsmum wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to help a friend find a good doctor in Yukon ,Cannda or Whitehorse, Canada. She prefers one with knowledge of Ankslosing Spondylitis. She is suffering with arthritis and needs a good GP. The GP she went to was not helpful at all, so I told her I would see if anyone could recommend a GP whether an AP doctor or not is fine at this point. She would like to see a rheumatologist and she can’t without a good GP, due to some of the restictions in Canada. She is in pain and needs help.

You can PM me , Thank you!
    Sheri

Sheri, I hope someone in Yukon or Whitehorse will chime in for you, because RBF doesn’t have any listings for this province of Canada. Unfortunately, Canada has a dearth of AP docs and,if Canadians want to see a rheumy, they will usually fly to see Dr. F. in CA.

My best suggestion, because your friend is so far north and in one of the more ‘isolated’ regions, is to either find a Doctor of Osteopathy or Integrative Medicine in her local yellow pages or search online, and then to print off the physician packets on the main site and ask if they will help her with the therapy. If she can locate a physician who specializes in gut healing, all the better. I just posted an article on an AP doc in NYC who wrote an article on a patient he treated with AS/Lyme….this kind of doc would likely be ideal for your friend, as he also focusing on leaky gut and gut healing. She may even be able to find an open local doc willing to consult with Dr. G. in NYC.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6737

Sorry it’s so tough for those who live in Canada to find AP and Lyme docs. Abx therapy is still viewed largely a treatment of choice rather than a universal standard of care and so this means that even those living in the US have to travel some distance in many cases to see the docs of their choice. This is a real shame, because there have been recent, successful studies on combination abx therapy for reactive arthritides (AS is in this catagory). See following eBulletin and study entitled:

https://www.roadback.org/EmailBlasts/ebulletin_summer10.html

New Study Asserts Effectiveness of Combination Antibiotics for Reactive Arthritis

There is a a lot she can do to try to heal her gut on her own and I would suggest that she go to http://www.kickas.org and also try to speak with DragonSlayer (John) who runs this site, because he is a wealth of info on how diet can support AS as well as the combination abx protocols that helped him to remission.

You’re such a good friend, Sheri, to try to help your friend up in the freezing north. I wish we could support her more, but if she does decide to travel to an experienced AP rheumy then would be happy to send her Dr.F’s or Dr. G’s contact info.

Valsmum
    Participant

Thank you very much Maz. Thanks for all your volunteering here at RBF, it has helped so many people:) .
    Take care,
    Sheri

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Sheri;
    My sister lives in Dawson(Yukon) and has not found a doctor there.She went to see Dr. B. in Vancouver just once and the rest of the work is done by e-mail and teleconference with he and her family doc.Dr. B does MP and Sue is very satisfied and doing well.If your friend wants to contact her I know she will help as much as possible.Her e-mail is sugui_mo@yahoo.ca Hope this helps, Lynne

RBFV Edit to remove AP Physician’s name as per forum guidelines.Thanks for your understanding.

Valsmum
    Participant

Hi Lynne,

Thank you so much for the info, I am going to give her the email for sure.
    Take care,
    Sheri

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.