Home Forums General Discussion Doctor in NYC

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    redrock
    Participant

Hi, I am formerly from Florida and have relocated to NYC and am looking for an AP doctor. I am in dire straits as I was having great success with brand Minocin but alas, it is no longer covered by my insurance and the generic returns me to my prior condition (Teva as well).

My current doctor has suggested PREDNISONE (until I told him I was here for AP) and then he said we could try doxycyline, I feel my current doctor is moving away from AP and wondering if anyone has a referral for an AP doctor in NYC as I had marvelous success on brand name Minocin and I need someone to pick up the torch.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Redrock,

Nice to see you again, but such a shame about the Mino! Grrr…something has got to give with the outrageously priced drugs today.

Quick question: Are you seeing Dr. W. at Hosp for Special Surgery? Sounds like you’re currently seeing an AP doc in NYC, so wondering who that might be. My idea is that if you’re not seeing Dr. W., he might be an option, because he’s a rheumy and has used AP for donkey’s years, treating many SD patients. Some docs can press the case for brand name Minocin if the SD patient has reflux issues. As it dissolves lower in the gut (due to the modified release pellets), it can help in this respect over generic powdered formulations that release quickly.

If you are already seeing Dr. W., there is a list of AP doc in NYC you can work through or just try to get a GP or other doc to help.

redrock
    Participant

Hi, thanks for responding, no I went back to FL on a visit and saw my old doctor there. I would be interested in this Doctor W, can you tell me who that is, by PM if you prefer, thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.