Home Forums General Discussion Do you take your AP with other antibiotics?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    redrock
    Participant

Do you take your AP when you’re on an antibiotic for something else?

I went to the urgent care because I thought I had strep. They prescribed Zithromax. Should I discontinue the Minocin while on Zithromax? Wondering if there would be some bad effect or if it’s just wasting the Minocin? Nope I didn’t ask the doctor, didn’t get into the whole AP thing with them.

Maz
    Keymaster

@redrock wrote:

They prescribed Zithromax. Should I discontinue the Minocin while on Zithromax?

Hi Redrock,

Although none of us are medical professionals here and these things should always be cross-checked with a doc, many of us here take mino with zith as a combination protocol. So, it’s isn’t necessary to stop mino while taking zith, as the two are compatible and make very good AP companions. In fact, if strep is a problem for you (high strep ASO titers), it wouldn’t be a bad idea to ask your AP doc if you could add zith into your protocol as a pulse, as Brown found that strep can delay progress on AP (see The New Arthritis Breakthrough).

It’s possible you will herx with the addition of zith, especially in the high daily doses needed to treat the acute strep infection, so when you begin to feel a bit better from the strep and have a bit of energy, you may want to think about some serious detoxing.

Hope you feel much better soon…strep sucks. 🙁

redrock
    Participant

@Maz wrote:

Hope you feel much better soon…strep sucks. 🙁

Tell me about it! Dragging myself through the day! Thank God the weekend is almost here!

A Friend
    Participant

@redrock wrote:

Do you take your AP when you’re on an antibiotic for something else?

I went to the urgent care because I thought I had strep. They prescribed Zithromax. Should I discontinue the Minocin while on Zithromax? Wondering if there would be some bad effect or if it’s just wasting the Minocin? Nope I didn’t ask the doctor, didn’t get into the whole AP thing with them.

Redrock, hi and welcome! About 2003, I was on Minocin twice daily on M-W-F. I caught a respiratory bug from my husband and my AP/PCP physician from a lab determined I needed to be on Zithromax, and had me take it pulsed also on three alternate days from the Minocin. After a week or so, I had what I could only call “the mother of all herxes.” Apparently, my liver rebelled big-time to being on both of the abx. I’m a slow learner, because even being on Minocin in the beginning of my AP treatment, gave me painful feet. So, apparently my body does not detox well on its own, and acidic wastes from the meds, etc. cause me problems, and the two abx caused me HUGE problems. I literally had lightening-bolt pain, and had to be on strong pain pills to even get out of bed for essentials. Other people get away with taking two, but I wasn’t one of them. Hope you figure this out. I might suggest that if you continue on both that you not eat red meat and pork while you are on both, as these can add to the acidity of the body.

Good luck,
    AF

redrock
    Participant

@A Friend wrote:

Other people get away with taking two, but I wasn’t one of them. Hope you figure this out. I might suggest that if you continue on both that you not eat red meat and pork while you are on both, as these can add to the acidity of the body.

Good luck,
    AF

Good to know, thanks. I’m a vegetarian and don’t touch that stuff anyway. Maybe I’ll just skip AP til the 5 days of Zith are over with.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.