Home Forums General Discussion Diflucan

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Gang;
            I am still fighting the yeast situation and thinking that my Diflucan dosage might be too low.What are most people with this problem taking?   Lynne

lauram
    Participant

Hi Lynne,

I take 200 mg per day. I also have to cut out all source of food for the yeast. I've been on the diflucan for about a year.

HTH

laura

John McDonald
    Participant

Marshall says here:

1. Forget all you have read about anti-fungals. They all have a profound effect upon the host, as well as on the infection. They work a lot of their 'magic' by suppressing host immune defences. Fluconazole is particularly bad, hitting several of the key CYP enzymes, and Ketoconazole directly antagonizes the VDR. The manner in which they kill fungi, in-vivo, is still essentially unknown. Unlike the MP medications, these are not harmless drugs, and their use carries significant risk to the pt.

Lynne, I gotta wonder what is going on with the yeast. I had a brief, obvious, systemic yeast infection in Sept. 2005 that doc knocked out with a single dose of diflucan. I spent two weeks fighting it with diet and supplements but 4 hours after I took the diflucan it was 50% gone and by the next day I was completely happy. What have you got? Why do you think it is yeast and why wouldn't a single dose, or at most a week or 2 week course of flucanazole not take care of it? In the link that I give TM opines that many supposed yeast infections may be in fact from CWD bacteria. Could be, I dunno.

After about 6 or 7 months on the MP in mid 2006 my gut was and is immensely improved and I was able to eat a greater variety of food and I stopped taking even probiotics. The MP calls for ever increasing and differing antibiotics so by rights I should be more susceptible to yeast, but the opposite has become true.

john

Ellen RA-AP
    Participant

John,

I wonder if the issue might be that we are women and our bodies seem to like yeast infections.  Think about all of the monistat comercials you've had to watch, all targetting women.  Once we get yeast infections they find places to hide and grow.  I absolutely need my 2 doses of Diflucan a week or I can barely walk and I am totally constipated.  My abdomen swells and my stomach hurts.  I have had internal ultrasounds to rule out ovarian cancer and the only test that comes back positive is for yeast.  Could it also be our hormones? 

Recently my doctor put me on Colace and Benefiber in addition to diflucan, oh and I use nistatin cream once a day.  It's critical to prevent constipation.:doh:  The goal is to take as little Diflucan as possible to make you comfortable, and to make sure you have your liver tested every couple of months to ensure that you are ok with that dose.

Good luck, I know how you feel, and it is awful!!

Ellen

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi John;
              One of the very first symptoms I had at least a year before getting  a confirmation ofSD was a badly coated tongue.!0 years before that I started having nail problems.Once I started methotrexate the tongue cleared up and I could finally taste again.This problem keeps coming back and the doctor finally startes me on Diflucan but at only 50 mg every other day.No wonder I can't get control.I will try  alarger dose for a week and see what happens.Sometimes it is so bad that even my skin itches and that only happens when the yeast is bad.   Lynne

Rose
    Participant

Hi Lynne,  I take 150 mg of diflucan once a month, does seem to make a difference.  Also do try not to eat sugar, but I fall off the wagon on that one too often, and I can tell the difference when I do.   Rose

Sierra
    Participant

I've been on minocycline for about 1.5 years and have had a few obvious yeast infections–one when I first started the medication and two when I traveled and did not take my probiotic along. As long as I take the probiotic (usually only one capsule a day, but I'm trying to get in the habit of taking two) I don't notice any problems with yeast. I've never taken an oral anti-fungal medication. I eat almost no sugar and no bread nor yeasted products.

Sierra

lauram
    Participant

It seems to me that everyone's yeast experiences are different. I had yeast, treated it with caprylic acid, it went to zero and came back again.  I was on a yeast-free diet. I have toenail fungus.  Oil of oregano did not help. Only when i went on Diflucan, did anything help .  After a year of 200 mg daily, one toenail is half-way grown clear and another is just beginning to. I don't remember Diflucan making any real difference in my pain level. I try to take 6 or 8 probiotics per day. Sometimes I do forget to take them. usually not.

laura

I also take 200mg. Diflucan a day and there is no way in gods earth I am stopping doing it.  I wear a pessary for a prolapse.  The fungus gathers around it daily so I know it is there besides the bloating involved.   With due respects to Dr. Marshall he has lost me as a trial patient because of several things he has been saying and Difulcan is one of them.  Another serious issue is alcohol.  He seems to think it is fine to drink as well. Both sugar and starch feed the bugs and I did not make the rules. I have never seen anything like what large amounts of alcohol can do to rheumatic disease patients, it is on a par with steriod use.  For a start Mycoplasma is a fungal bacteria and so is Lyme which so many of us have. Diflucan is recommended for Lyme patients.  Mycoplasma is common and downright dangerous. It kills.  I would be extremely surprised if there was anyone without at least one Mycoplasma infection.  Also in Australia the constant use of Penicillin instead of Zithromax, over the years is now taking its toll here with seious heart problems.  It is causing shocking yeast problems along with birth control pills and antidepressant which they give out liberally. We were never told about it either when administered. I will never get rid of the yeast in my body which has built up over the years.  My kids are full of it as well and they are not even on the Protocol. Two of them have had memory loss because of it. I did also.  Diflucan seems to be the best one for me I have tried others and come back to it.  Have been using it for years and I am getting better daily. It is a concern when science can be so wrong and the medical profession rely on it.  So I think each to his own.  I find it a concern that Drs' are not addressing the yeast issue which is rampant.  It effects the brain and behaviour of people.  A Darkfield microscope or Electron will pick it up no trouble. In Aust. you can get Dr. to send some toe nail clippings to the mycology Dept in you local Govt Hostpital with one then they will have to treat you.   For some reaon they think it goes in a few weeks so be prepared if you are on long term abx to remind them that it is continual. If you don't make sure you have it under control you will be very sorry later.  It is my opinion for what it is worth that this fungal shocking infection here in Aust. is the cause of the diabetes epidemic amongst other serious problems.  I have very good reason to say that. Candida is not the same but they are both dangerous and need treating long termas it is out of hand. Women definitely are worse than men with all infections for obvious reasons but that does not mean men do not have problems also.   I promise you I will prove what I am saying in time. I don't mean to upset anyone but someone has to do something about it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ Diflucan’ is closed to new replies.