Home Forums General Discussion DETOX – other suggestions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Goodwife
    Participant

Hi All,

Other than the lemon/olive oil drink, has anyone tried other detox methods that have helped?  My hubby could not drink the drink, aside from me practically pouring it down his throat.  It gave him heartburn, and reflux had been improving at that time, so he refuses to drink it at this point.  That was last year sometime and I believe it is time to do more detoxing – he does the peroxide spray in the shower, but I was looking for something more for clearing out the lungs.  We added zith a couple of weeks ago, and I think it is creating more coughing, needing to get out.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Donna RA
    Participant

Hi Goodwife,

Do you have access to a far infared sauna? They are terrific for detoxing, nothing like a good sweat.  I bought one for home.  There are many different types, and you can even get one that fits over your body like a blanket while laying down.  I know you guys aren't too far from me in Pgh, so if you want to give it a try, c'mon down.  Also, the Dr I was seeing for IPT was big into detox, he used glutathione along with sodium bicarb as part of his protocol.  I too had a hard time w/lemon drink. Other things that come to mind are colon cleansing, and liver cleanses. 

Hope you come up w/something that works for your hubby,

Donna RA

Donna RA
    Participant

Goodwife,

I forgot to mention Dr G in Wexford does offer Glutathione.  His Nurse is in on Mon and Thurs afternoons.

Donna RA

JBJBJB
    Participant

Green tea may help. I drink a lot of green tea every day. It takes time to get used to.

I am also thinking to purchase an infared sauna, too.

JB

Goodwife
    Participant

Thanks, Donna – are you talking about IV glutathione?  I know there are the capsules, also.  He has not tried a sauna yet – will look further into that option.  The colon cleanse and liver cleanse crossed my m ind, but I was more thinking of something for the lungs. 

JB,

I will try the tea also – I can convince him to try anything, at least once!  He likes cold green (iced) tea, not big on hot tea, though – but now that it is getting cooler, that may not be a problem!

thanks

Donna RA
    Participant

Goodwife,

Yes, the IV.  I've not tried the pill form, but understand it's not nearly as effective.  I read somewhere that MSM kick starts glutathione too, but I imagine it would be a slower approach.  The IV's really did get me on a good path.  I believe any means of detoxing has a positive effect on the whole body.

Good Luck,

Donna RA

A Friend
    Participant

[user=44]Goodwife[/user] wrote:

Other than the lemon/olive oil drink, has anyone tried other detox methods that have helped?  My hubby could not drink the drink, aside from me practically pouring it down his throat.  It gave him heartburn, and reflux had been improving at that time, so he refuses to drink it at this point. 

That was last year sometime and I believe it is time to do more detoxing – he does the peroxide spray in the shower, but I was looking for something more for clearing out the lungs.  We added zith a couple of weeks ago, and I think it is creating more coughing, needing to get out.  Any ideas?

Goodwife,

Forgive me, I don't see his dx listed and don't recall it.  However, am curious as to why the whole lemon/olive oil detox drink had the effect it did.  Lemon juice is one of the most alkaline remedies I've read about, and with the olive oil helps the liver cleanse/dump toxins.  I'm wondering if you and he have used the pH strips and know just how acidic his pH is?  It may be that he is very toxic because of stored acidic waste, and a large amount of toxic waste was dumped when he tried it.  Also, when we are chronically ill, there always seems to be a lot of acidic waste piling up, and organisms thrive in an acidic environment.  It's my understanding that illness cannot exist in a pH balanced body.     

You mentioned adding the Zith (which is acidic and also can be hard on the liver) and his having more coughing.  Sounds like it is causing the bacteria or mycoplasma to go on the run — die-off is also very acidic and creates a need for the body's minerals to neutralize these acidic wastes so it can safely be expelled from the body.

This is a link that explains some of the remedies for acidic reflux and includes info about lemon juice … I found it when I specifically did a search using ” lemon juice and reflux”.  This is the link to the article; specifically go down the page to the part on lemon juice and heartburn/reflux

http://www.total-health-care.com/home-remedies/acid-reflux.htm

Occasionally in the past, I believe a patient has posted that they don't tolerate lemon juice; before he was ill, did he have problems using lemon?  Since it is said to be the most effective alkaline thing to get rid of acidosis in the body, am wondering if a smaller amount (say, 1/2 the recipe) might be tolerated. Some of the suggestions in the above link may be helpful — either to use OR to help you two to better understand the problem(s).  (It might be interesting for him to give the liquids mentioned under the part on the liquid/juice information and not eating solid food for a time — I'm recalling that it gave some suggestions for doing this.)

You asked about people's experiences with detox/fasting, I believe.  I did a 3 or 4 day fast several years ago, and about the end of the 2nd day and the beginning of the 3rd day, my mental outlook  was “black”; I thought this weird (but had read of such a thing happening).  It was amazing how on the last day of this, my mental function did a 180- turnaround.  I guess the “black” was the toxins overwhelming my brain a bit.  In the last several months, I've found a lengthy classic article detailing fasting and what can be achieved, and suggestions how to achieve these.  It is suggested that we educate ourselves thoroughly before we do longterm fasting.  I believe, for myself, short and regular fasts may be very beneficial if I cover any vulnerable bases cautioned against. 

Good luck to you both, and will be hoping to hear that everything is improving soon.

AF

JBJBJB
    Participant

Good wife,

This may sounds odd but it's very logical. A good sweat could help the body to detox. I like to do speed walk. I use a large empty Ice Tea glass jar, and boil hot water, and drop about a table spoon of green tea leaf, by the time I get back, the tea is ready and it's still hot…. then I drink all of it….. it helps to induce more sweat and then I normally take a hot shower after it.

Since I don't have sauna, this may help me to get rid of toxins I hope. :>;)

Your husband can use tea bag.  :JB

lyndsaylee
    Participant

[user=44]Goodwife[/user] wrote:

JB,

I will try the tea also – I can convince him to try anything, at least once!  He likes cold green (iced) tea, not big on hot tea, though – but now that it is getting cooler, that may not be a problem!

Try one green tea teabag and one Raspberry Zinger tea bag to about 16-20 ounces of water. I sweeten it and add a squeeze and slice of lime. It's really good cold.

Lyndsay

Jo
    Participant
    linda
    Participant

I have a portable sauna, altho I haven't used it for a while because I have become so sensitive to heat/cold. My only advice is to find a comfortable chair, the one that came with mine is nothing more than a cheap camping chair.Otherwise, the product worked well; I worked up good sweats, and because the portable saunas wrap around your body, your head is left out of the sauna which decreases the discomfort for those who hate to sweat. They also come with openings for your hands so that you can read a book or use a remote, phone, etc. They are bulky if you don't have a lot of storage room, but more practical than the alternative,, the luxurious wooden sauna that are very expensive.

SusanSD
    Participant

Goodwife have you checked into Dandelion tea? It's not great tasting but it might help. I think you can take it daily for up to a month.

MaryP
    Participant

I get that productive cough every 4 months or so. I find a steam room to really help. It also helps with the sweating part too. My cough lasts for a week or ten days, so once it clears, I admit I get lazy with the steam. I do feel better clearing out all that guck though. Good luck!

Goodwife
    Participant

Hi Jo,

Yes, I have been reading about GSE ever since I saw your previous post.  I am going to get it  this week – may also try it topically on his ulcers that have improved but are still there.  What dosage to you do in the juice mixture to drink?  Is it daily?  Thanks,

Goodwife
    Participant

Thank you all for your suggestions – I am gradually going to have him try different things, and will update you all on what worked! 

Thank you for your information!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘ DETOX – other suggestions’ is closed to new replies.