Home Forums General Discussion Detailed Journal of visit to AP Doc and Naturopath visit

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi All – It's great to be back!

As promised, I have posted a detailed account of my recent visit to an experienced AP Doc and Naturopath in another State (of Oz of course). It encompasses all I remember about what the Doc told me, what I was tested for and the results. I have included as much detail as possible in the hope that there will be specific things that will resonate with specific people. However, as it's detailed, I have posted on the section of this Board under Personal History and Progress Threads.

Tiff, I had you particularly in mind when I wrote it all. I'm sure you'll have some questions. I'll try and answer either by email or PM. Lynnie

P.S. I've had few PM's asking how to access this. When you first access the Board, immediately below the General Discussion tab , there's another tab called 'Personal History and Progress Threads. Click on this….that is where I have posted the journal. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Tiff
    Participant

Thanks for the update, Lynn, I'll check it out!

Maz
    Keymaster

Lynnie,

Thanks for posting your detailed progress report on the personal journal thread! I read it all with great interest and do hope the new regimen will help with those few remaining niggling symptoms and kick that RF butt down to 0!  

You wrote:

>>>She has advised me to taper the mino to 50 mg MWF eve and has prescribed 2 other abx: 150mg Biaxsig (Aventis brand name in Oz for roxithromycin) MWF a.m. and 250mg Amoxil Duo (GlaxoSmithKline brand name for amoxicillin trihydrate) to be introduced after 2 weeks, taken in the eve with the mino. This one will need cutting, as tabs are 1000mg size. She said to expect a possible herx especially with the Amoxil Duo. (NB I introduce that next week, so cant report yet).<<<

I was especially interested to hear about your new abx protocol, because it's similar to the one I was on (though different doses and schedules) for most of last year for my Lyme….in my case, tetracycline, biaxin (clarithromycin) and bicillin IM shots. 😉  So, a tetracycline, macrolid and penicillin. The protocol worked well and brought my RF down significantly from mid-500s down to well below 100. Low dose, pulsed Minocin and Zith are now my current regimen and working fine.

The holistic mind-body-spirit approach that this doctor takes is fascinating and look forward to hearing more as you progress over time. Thanks again!

Peace, Maz

Manda
    Participant

Great reading, and I'm so glad things went well for you!

How have you found the diet? For us, it's been the most challenging part. (I have a sugar issue.. :P) The results are so worth it though. 😉

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Manda – The salicylates aspect has been the most challenging – they seem to be in almost everything. Have not minded the wheat/gluten/rye portion – though am finding all sorts of things with wheat/gluten in that I didnt know about, including most soy milk! Also have not minded the no dairy aspect – quite enjoy the soy milk that's malt free taste wise. Missed my wine (no sulphur!) at first – but am treating myself to the world's most expensive vodka – Ciroc, which is what is allowed/recommended. Am hoping after 6 months or so, that I'll be able to add some things back in, esp in the salicylate family. Of course, I'm the world's worst dinner guest right now…..and, if I go out once a month or so to a restaurant, I just pick the optimum available and not worry too much. If I go out to brekfast, I take my own bread and ask them to toast it for me!

Be well! Lynnie

rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Manda
    Participant

I didn't mind the no dairy aspect either! Really enjoying the rice milk. What do you do with the vodka? I was curious, but I'm not brave enough to buy a bottle. 😉 Which bread do you buy? My husband and I both chuckled at the image of you asking the waitress to toast your special bread. :roll-laugh: Love it!

As far as going out to eat – I found out what you mean about choosing the “best” option.. one day we went to an Indian restaurant for a change. From one dairy-intolerant person to another, I definately don't recommend the butter chicken. :sick: I use to love that dish! :blush: It doesn't seem to take long on the diet to react a lot stronger to foods that we didn't use to!

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

I've had a few PM's asking me how to access the journal I posted about. When you first access the Board, there's another section (tab) immediately below the one marked 'General Discussion'. It is called 'Personal History and Progress Threads'. If you click on this tab, you'll find several posts including the journal I posted. Lynnnie

Be well! Lynnie

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ Detailed Journal of visit to AP Doc and Naturopath visit’ is closed to new replies.