Home Forums General Discussion Dermatofibroma

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Has anyone dealt with a dernatofibroma, small growth on the leg?

whaleharbor
    Keymaster

Yes…if it is in fact a dermatofibroma it is no big deal at all. I have had one on my leg (a classic location) for almost 30 years. I’ve been told I can remove it for cosmetic reasons or leave it…my choice. I had one on my back removed a few years ago because it was itchy and painful. That one was confirmed a dermatofibroma because it was biopsied. My personal preference is to remove and biopsy anything that doesn’t belong even though they are considered more of a nuisance. Has your doc confirmed that diagnosis and what have they advised you to do?

Also, I was never told that they had any correlation to any rheumatic disease…but who knows.

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Hi whaleharbor I diagnosed it myself. It is on my upper right leg, itches and bugs me. I see my new pcp tomorrow and will see what he says. I would like it frozen/removed before cataract surgery Aug. 29.

whaleharbor
    Keymaster

Good luck, Jan and keep us posted.

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Whaleharbor My pcp confirmed dermatofibroma. My dermatologist will remove it next Monday, either freeze it or surgically remove it. I will be glad to be rid of it.

whaleharbor
    Keymaster

Yes…they can be annoying but they are meaningless. I asked my doctor what it “meant”…he said with a smirk “it means are you middle-aged.” The removal will be easy-peasy either way and you will be so happy when it is done! xoxo

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Hi whaleharbor She removed it surgically, said it was too large to freeze and will biopsy it. Probably benign but occasionally they become precancer. Thanks for your support.

whaleharbor
    Keymaster

I’m so glad you had it removed. What a relief. It will be fine…don’t worry.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.