Home Forums General Discussion Dental crowns

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

I have to have a crown on a tooth. What material do you think is best for a crown? I know mercury is no good, although there are still people who say it is O.K. I think there are nonmetal materials but not sure what they are. Anyone have a recommendation?

Jan

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

I just did a search and found some posts but they are locked.

Rosey UK
    Participant

Hi
    When I have fillings I ask for white fillings, but a crown usually has a post drilled into the root then th e new tooth is fixed in place. I would Ring your dentist and ask.

regards
    Rosey

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Jan,

Which tooth is it? Is it a molar or one of the teeth toward the front of the mouth? Do you know if a root canal will also be necessary?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

It’s toward the front of the mouth, 3rd on the right side. No root canal necessary.

richie
    Participant

Hi–you can request an all porcelain crown –make certain to tell the dentist no metal or gold at all–
    richie

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Do you think porcelain is the best material? I read that gold lasts the longest but does it have a negative effect?

Kash
    Participant

I went to my dentist a couple of weeks ago and he said I had a cracked tooth that had a filling in it. He said might want to think about a crown. The next week I saw my LLMD and he said crowns are fine, get a porcelain one. No root canals, if you have to have one, don’t…just pull the tooth. He said something about the Lyme possibly getting worse if I had a root canal.

I went back to the dentist in reverent fear my tooth would have a major crack on Christmas Eve, when all the dentists are at home, hiding from people like me who should have had the tooth fixed.

He starts to drill and a quarter of the tooth flies off. I told him I wanted a porcelain crown and he said porcelain has metals in it too and they don’t last as long. I stuck by the porcelain.

I would like to see an article on crowns and root canals to send to my dentist. I don’t think I explained it well.

That is my story…….

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

I asked the dentists receptionist what they use that is nonmetal and she said they have been using e.max, lithium glass ceramic. Heard of this? http://www.1800dentist.com/dental-encyclopedia/ips-emax-crowns

Jan

Maz
    Keymaster

@Kash wrote:

The next week I saw my LLMD and he said crowns are fine, get a porcelain one. No root canals, if you have to have one, don’t…just pull the tooth. He said something about the Lyme possibly getting worse if I had a root canal.

Kash, I know this isn’t the type of article you were asking for, but thought it might help validate what your LLMD was telling you…the video at the end is mind-boggling!

http://lymebook.com/nordquist/tag/oral-spirochetes/

Also, I’ll be taking a copy of the last eBulletin to my dentist when I next go in for a cleaning…in case you missed it, see the first two studies in the articles section:

https://www.roadback.org/EmailBlasts/ebulletin_fall10.html

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

I’ve also been warned about root canals.

I’ll ask again if anyone is familiar with e.max. I’m seeing the dentist Monday so doing some research.

Jan

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.