Home Forums General Discussion cyst in femur bone

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    lor
    Participant

Hi,
    Has anyone had or heard of this?

I have had some problems. My knees were both sore, so I had them injected with pred .by our local ortho dr. One knee started getting more and more sore, and 3 wks later my hubby had to take me to the ER, because it had gotten so painful. They withdrew fluid and said it was infected. So they did surgery to clean it out and sent the fluid out to see what it would grow, nothing grew and the Dr’s thought it wouldn’t grow because I was on abx. I ended up in the hospital for 11 days, IV abx (I had 6wks of IV abx, just finished my last infusion last wk.), 3 different kinds, they flew me out of our little hospital to Ann Arbor, MI. My local dr said the MRI showed a abscess in my femur bone. But once in the big hospital they did another MRI and the large hospital said it was a cyst not an abscess. So I think they are thinking the cyst is from my RA??

The cyst is kinda big and sealed off. I don’t think they will do anything with the cyst, is this normal? Now they want me to go to Mayo, and see a orto dr, a infectious disease dr and a rhumy. I don’t want to go. I see a LLMD Dr since 2005 for lyme disease, which I feel is causing my RA. I figure the rhumy will just want to put me on the biological drugs, which I don’t want to take. I take 7.5 mg of pred. and have been on a lot of different abx thru out the years. I feel so…………. unsure of what to do.

Has anyone else had cyst in the bones and if so what did you do for it?

Thanks
    lor

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.