Home Forums General Discussion Curcumin or Tumeric? Which brand do you use for inflammation

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ella
    Participant

There are so many choices. Is it better to get Curcumin or Tumeric? Which brands have helped with inflammation?

jasregadoo

I believe Tumeric is supposed to help more than Curcumin.

See the following:
    http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA400915/Curcumin-or-Turmeric.html

Personally, I took Tumeric for awhile, and found no benefit from it, so I stopped when I ran out of my second or third bottle of it.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Ella;
    Turmeric is a spice and curcumin is the active ingredient in it.I use Theracumin as it is much more bioavalable to the body.Taking curcumin is not as good but if you add pepper it will be more effective.Since I am not keen to have 1/2 a teaspoon of black pepper in my mout I use theracumin.Either one should be taken with some sort of oil.I use coconut or borage oil

bonnielou
    Keymaster

Hi Ella. I use Mercola’s brand Curcumin Advanced. I think he has high quality supplements and I have found this one helpful.

Bonnie

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

ella
    Participant

Thank you all for your tips.

Lynn, do you take coconut oil in a capsule?

Ella

Maz
    Keymaster

I get Enhansa prescribed by my LLMD and its shipped to me. Some insurances will cover it with just a co pay, but need to check ahead. I have not experienced much anti inflammatory effect and herxed initially so needed to increase dose slowly, but I take it for its multitude of health effects.

https://www.leesilsby.com/enhansa-homepage/

frhorngal
    Participant

My rheumy has me taking Meriva- a highly bioavailable form of turmeric/curcumin- Mine is formulated through Thorne Research- I take a Standard Release and a Slow Release form BID. Definitely a huge help for me!

RA/Lyme: 100mg Minocin (brand) MWF, 3mg LDN, 10mg CBD- BID

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.