Home Forums General Discussion CRP study

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Here is a study about CRP: How CRP May Be Like Spiderman. Wondering about this.
    http://www.medpagetoday.com/LabNotes/LabNotes/28347

Trudi
    Participant

Interesting concept. When mine was very elevated (134) I felt pretty poorly. Same as when I have an elevated temperature.
    Thanks for posting this–
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

I’m wondering about this because it says elevated CRP can be good, which is the opposite of what I have read elsewhere. It doesn’t say how elevated. I have also felt better when my CRP was lowered.

Jan

Suzanne
    Participant

I have noticed this in my daughter, enough to ask her doctors if is possible that she needs her CRP, like you need a fever to fight infection when you are sick. (They don’t know.)

Any time her CRP is taken down by immune suppression, she gets very sick. Otherwise, on AP, her CRP is her only abnormal lab and she feels good and stays healthy otherwise.

I think of it like this – if you have a fever that is reduced by Motrin, etc., it will come back as soon as the Motrin wears off if you aren’t really well. That is why if a fever isn’t too high, I think it is better to run one and let it do its job instead of dragging it out for days.

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

Trudi
    Participant

@Suzanne wrote:

I have noticed this in my daughter, enough to ask her doctors if is possible that she needs her CRP, like you need a fever to fight infection when you are sick. (They don’t know.)

Any time her CRP is taken down by immune suppression, she gets very sick. Otherwise, on AP, her CRP is her only abnormal lab and she feels good and stays healthy otherwise.

I think of it like this – if you have a fever that is reduced by Motrin, etc., it will come back as soon as the Motrin wears off if you aren’t really well. That is why if a fever isn’t too high, I think it is better to run one and let it do its job instead of dragging it out for days.

Again, very interesting. I’ve been having nightly fevers again–I actually feel better the morning after. I agree with your sentiment that if the fever isn’t too high, let it do it’s work.

Jan–I think if the CRP is too high, like a fever, it should be reduced.
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.