Home Forums General Discussion corynebacterium tuberculostearicum

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    worldofme
    Participant

suggested was Doxy + Rifampin for 6 weeks follow by PCR testing of semen. if the same bacteria hows up then Zyvox as last resort.

riifampin safe to take?

richie
    Participant

Suggest you find and read this —J Clin Microbiol. 2012 Aug; 50(8): 2561–2567.
    doi: 10.1128/JCM.00386-12—

worldofme
    Participant

Anything on rifampin?

richie
    Participant

How about you read it –you’re the one with the problem —which is probably not related to any rheumatoid disease –By the way isnt that reportable to the CDC

PhilC
    Participant

Suggest you find and read this —J Clin Microbiol. 2012 Aug; 50(8): 2561–2567.
    doi: 10.1128/JCM.00386-12—

Here it is:
    Corynebacterium tuberculostearicum: a Potentially Misidentified and Multiresistant Corynebacterium Species Isolated from Clinical Specimens

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

PhilC
    Participant

Anything on rifampin?

If you only had prostatitis I’d say go for it. But you don’t, you also have ReA/AS. As it is, you’re having trouble tolerating doxycycline. What do you think is likely to happen if you add rifampin? The more aggressively you attack the bacteria, the more you’re going to suffer. That’s why it’s preferable to slowly kill off the bacteria over an extended period of time — the treatment is much more tolerable that way.

Phil

- Albert Einstein

worldofme
    Participant

Wouldn’t having bacteria hanging out cause more issues to the health (inflammation)?

richie
    Participant

Take one problem at a time or you will never get better -when I was sick I compartmentilized ? my many symptoms and my doctors attacked them one at a time —At the moment you have possibly a very serious bacteria in you –first priority is to eradicate that –the worse it gets –the worse you feel –Forget about ALL the questions ALL the side issues –follow your doctors advice —

worldofme
    Participant

Richie, I read that article you send me and it doesn’t really say anything about how serious this bacteria is. It’s a new bacteria.

according to the article Zyvox is 100% sensitive, but as you know this drug is very powerful and if you take it more than 15 days you get ill…

My option is :

doxy + rifampin or Zyvox…I can’t seem to decide…

Reason worried about Rifampin is because of discoloration.

PhilC
    Participant

This bacteria is so rare how did I get it…

It’s easily misidentified, so I don’t think anyone can say it’s rare with any degree of certainty. I suspect that it’s actually fairly common, just like other members of the genus Corynebacterium.

- Albert Einstein

richie
    Participant

Hi Its not new –goes back to 1901

worldofme
    Participant

Seems like rifampin vs zyvox.

Any other options?

Richie this bacteria lives on the nose, not correct?

PhilC
    Participant

Here it is:
    Corynebacterium tuberculostearicum: a Potentially Misidentified and Multiresistant Corynebacterium Species Isolated from Clinical Specimens

There is some information in that research paper that could prove to be very helpful:

“Clinical specimens were cultured on Columbia agar supplemented with 5% sheep blood (BD Diagnostic Systems, Allschwil, Switzerland)…”

So, what’s so special about Columbia agar with 5% sheep blood?

“Columbia Agar with 5% Sheep Blood is a general purpose culture medium used for the growth and recovery of fastidious microbial species.”

Source: [PDF] BBL Columbia Agar with 5% Sheep Blood

Phil

- Albert Einstein

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.