Home Forums General Discussion corynebacterium tuberculostearicum

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    worldofme
    Participant

My results from the lab came back for 99% match to this bacteria. Could this be the cause of Chronic ReA?

What Abx to treat. I don’t see doc until Thursday, but I couldn’t find anything on the net regarding this bacteria. Any suggestion?

Maz
    Keymaster
    worldofme
    Participant

Maz: I read some of the articles and confuse as ever. I don’t recall anyone of them discussing a proper treatment protocol with Abx. Could you point me in the right direction? Better yet could you tell me few Abx possible treatment of “corynebacterium” bacteria species.

It seems like corynebacterium tuberculostearicum is rare.

Anything to discuss with the doc?

Maz
    Keymaster

Yes, I think you should print some of those linked studies and any other relevant ones you find to take yo your doc. There is some discussion in them as to which abx this type of bug is susceptible to and which ones are ineffective. We aren’t docs here and you need to seek proper advice from a knowledgable doc or one willing to call the lab who ran the test to see if they can also now run abx susceptibility testing, so you aren’t making the situation harder for yourself.

worldofme
    Participant

the lab won’t do susceptibility.They just do identification. I’m not playing doc and I will certainly let my ID take the lead on this one.

worldofme
    Participant

Maz: let’s forget about the Abx for moment and think about it from arthritis perspective.

How is “corynebacterium tuberculostearicum” a intracellular pathogen? How could this bug cause ReA?

PhilC
    Participant

How is “corynebacterium tuberculostearicum” a intracellular pathogen? How could this bug cause ReA?

I don’t think that’s relevant. You seem to be assuming that only intracellular pathogens can cause ReA. That’s a rather big assumption, and may not be correct. Also, some bacteria which are normally extracellular are capable of becoming intracellular pathogens.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Maz
    Keymaster

I’m on same page with Phil. More helpful would be to get the lab to send your specimen on to a lab that can do antibiotic susceptibility testing, so you can be more targeted in its treatment. Your ID doc should be well versed in which labs do this and should be able to arrange this for you. Your prostate infection may be just a focal infection, but nevertheless should help relieve those symptoms and would be the best of all scenarios if it’s the point of origin of all your ills.

worldofme
    Participant

Spoke to doc he’s not sure how to take all this. This one is new to him.

The lab won’t do abx testing.

I mean the infection has to be in prostate..where would it be?

Urine analysis and Urine culture both have been negative….

Most of the abx I read up on either need IV or not acceptable …

I can’t believe I’ll need to live like this..

Lynne G.SD
    Participant
    worldofme
    Participant

Lynn what was most common drug used? Does it form biofilm?

worldofme
    Participant

This bacteria is so rare how did I get it…this bug has mess my life up….

Only 18 cases exit from time the bug was found in 2004

richie
    Participant

There is good and bad to this –Good is -often it is mis diagnosed –bad is if you do have it –it requires hospitalization and specialized medication —-

richie
    Participant

It is highly resistant to standard antibiotics and highly contagious –you should avoid contact with people until you know more !!!

worldofme
    Participant

Are you sure your referring to tuberculostearicum? Any research you got to back the hospital part up?

i saw ID doc today and he said only two option exist. Take doxy + rifampin or Zyvox (This one is for last).. no vanco or dampto…no iv…

Has anyone here have exp with Doxy + Rifampin???? Will this combo work?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.