Home Forums General Discussion computer question for quoting

• This topic has 10 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Kim.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    casey
    Participant

Could someone with some time please provide me with STEP by STEP instructions on how you put that box around what someone has said (to quote)  and then move it .

Thanks so much!

Todd WI
    Participant

Hi Casey,

Could someone with some time please provide me with STEP by STEP instructions

I'm not sure if I know the best way to do this, but what I do is:

1) copy the quote (select the text from the original message which is below the Post Reply input box, then control-C)

2) paste it to where I want it in the Post Reply box (select the location then Control-V)

3) select the quote text in the post reply box

4) hit the Quote Selection button on the post reply toolbar, it has a picture of upper and lower double quotes

Good luck with it

Todd

casey
    Participant

Thanks so much Todd!

Kim
    Participant

Or, you can just hit “quote” and it will bring up the entire post you are responding to and then delete any parts you don't want.

Either way, same result.

kim

casey
    Participant

Well am i a complete DODO bird!

casey
    Participant

[user=9]casey[/user] wrote:

YAY did it!!!! Yep , a complete DODO bird. Geez that was so simple. I'm so excited now ! Thanks Kim

Kim
    Participant

Yep , a complete DODO bird. Geez that was so simple. Thanks Kim

Hey, I didn't know you were supposed to delete cookies. :roll-laugh:

kim

casey
    Participant

Kim,  deleting cookies., whats that mean?  Is it bad? I am still excited that i did a quote. Dont bring me down just yet! 

casey
    Participant

OK now Kim.. just how did you double quote that? Trying it x2 didnt work for me!

Kim
    Participant

OK now Kim.. just how did you double quote that? Trying it x2 didnt work for me!

You're going to be embarrassed when I tell you it is exactly the same way.  I went to your post and hit “quote.” :roll-laugh:

Kim
    Participant

Kim,  deleting cookies., whats that mean?  Is it bad? I am still excited that i did a quote. Dont bring me down just yet! 

Casey,

Here's the thread where I asked my computer question:

http://www.rbfbb.org/view_topic.php?id=3598&forum_id=1&highlight=cache+%2B+cookies

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ computer question for quoting’ is closed to new replies.