Home Forums General Discussion Combinining LDN with AP and AIP +suppliments

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Misty
    Participant

Hello,
    I was diagnosed recently with RA.I live in France and here exists only one protocol for treatment. After having done my own research on the subject found my own protocol that I at least wanted to try before turning to the symptom killer hard medicines.Started with AIP while trying to get hold of a doctor who would have experience and who could follow up the minocycline treatment.This was possible with the help of RBF! LDN(low dose naltroxene)Icould also get from the UK.

The AIP diet was really hard in the beginning! My symptoms got worse before they started to get better, was on the verge of stopping many times.Now after 3 months my brain fog and fatigue have gone.The stiffness and pain is better I can do daily 45min walks with my dog, which was impossible 3months ago.

I wanted to include AP treatment since I had an untreated lung mycoplasma infection preceading the outbreak of my RA.Now I have only been on mino for a week.Have felt an increase of pain and stiffness. I hope this is a good sign.

As the LDN has both a immunesystem normalising and a pain relieving effect I thought it would be possible to leave Aspirin and Naproxen ( that I still need for pain at times) and use this instead.
    There is very little research to be found on treating RA with LDN.Now my question is when can I start combining AP and LDN? Can I start at the same time with the meds? Is there any reason why I shouln’t or should?

Would be very thankful for any thoughts or experiences of the subject.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

As the LDN has both a immunesystem normalising and a pain relieving effect I thought it would be possible to leave Aspirin and Naproxen ( that I still need for pain at times) and use this instead.

Be very careful with LDN. It makes some people worse, and we don’t yet know why.

Now my question is when can I start combining AP and LDN? Can I start at the same time with the meds? Is there any reason why I shouln’t or should?

It is not a good idea to start them both at the same time. If you get worse or have side effects, you won’t know which one is the cause. Since you already started with minocycline, it would be best to wait a few months before trying LDN.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

Consider asking your doctor to prescribe for you acéclofénac or nabumétone. Aspirin and naproxen both tend to be hard on the stomach, so taking a gentler NSAID would most likely be helpful.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.