Home Forums General Discussion Chronic hives gone after starting AP?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan99
    Participant

So something interesting, I started AP 15 days ago to treat my recent mild joint pain. while I had up and downs so far with that (but definitely already seeing some kind of improvement) – I also been suffering from chronic urticaria (hives) in the last 2 and half years and been taking daily antihistamine to manage it as the doctors told me it’s an autoimmune issue and there is nothing to do about it.

in the last 10 days since starting AP I have zero hives and have not been taking one pill of antihistamine. it’s the first time in a long time I been free of that.

This couldn’t be coincidence with me starting AP right? should I take it as an encouraging sign? and I guess I can assumue it’s all related together? (join pain,hives, etc)

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi there,
    It makes sense that it could help as mino/doxy/zith all inhibit Interlukins that cause inflamation.There is quite a bit of info if you want to do some Googling.Just type in…..minocycline and interlukins or minocycline and transfer growth factors

Spiffy1

Wow! This is great news! I hope you continue to see this wonderful side effect. I am not so lucky. My hives have been unaffected by AP. I now have delayed pressure urticaria which makes for some interesting conversations. I think it is a histamine reaction due to my crazy HLA pattern. But at least rashes do go away in time. I can live with my different skin decorations and patterns that come and go. Thankfully, they only itch in the beginning and then they hang out for awhile and go away. I find liquid topical Benedryl is a big help. Good for you! It sounds like you are on a good track for success.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.