Home Forums General Discussion Candida, not Chlamydia

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dena
    Participant

Gee, you must all be wondering about me, posting a note that Chlamydia can cause arthritic symptoms (that much is true), but that I had it.  I just realized, I had candida–HUGE difference.  Arthritic fog.  Couldn't remember which thread I wrote about this, so thought I would set it straight here. 

linda
    Participant

My 69 y/o small town midwest values mother was in the hospital for an intestinal infection last year, I think the bug was clostridium or something that sounds like that. She was telling family and friends that she had chlamydia (it sounded like clostridium to her and she was familiar with that word), w/out knowing anything about how one contracts it. She was so embarrased :blush: when I told her why I knew she did not have chlamydia- but we all love her and knew she was floopy from dehydration and meds. I don't think she even remembers it now.

So, no worries-  we know it was just a wishwasher cat!

linda

Dena
    Participant

Thanks so much. :blush: What is a wishwasher cat?

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Dena,

On the old bboard we had a hilarious thread that ensued after John McDonald wrote the term “*oops* cat” in a post.  Due to automatic filters to detect inappropriate language, the program turned the word “*oops*” into the word portable wishwasher.  It was really funny, but maybe you had to be there.

I see that this new software will also not let us use that term for a cat.

Patrice
    Participant

Dena,

I am currently on a candida cleansing regiment.  It has hugely helped with depression and fatigue and general well-being.  I was hoping that it would also help with the arthritis pain, but alas, it has not.  So, that's when I started antibiotics.

I know there are a few different programs out there.  Any help I can give I am happy to do so.

Patrice

A Friend
    Participant

Dena,

Sounds like a good time for everyone to be aware of the numerous strains of Chlamydia.  The first time I heard one of our support group members talking about her being positive for this, I'd only heard of one type — just thought she was very open.  The “C” word, for me, had a lot of shock value at the time. 

Since then I went on to learn that Chlamydia Pneumoniae is a strain of Chlamydia that is the cause of respiratory epidemics in communities in the wintertime — with schools being shut down sometimes.  A person with a strong immune system can get this bug, get sick, get well and go on with a healthy life.  In people with compromised immune system, they can get sick with it and keep symptoms of it ongoing, i.e. sometimes a little chronic cough, generally feeling not too good, etc.  A lab test for this is available from your PCP or other physician.  If we have it, it needs to be treated, as it can get into the blood vessel linings and contribute to heart disease… and our not making progress on our AP journey.  Minocin does not address C. pneumoniae.  Another abx, such as Zithromax and others, is needed.   

Chlamydia Pneumoniae can also be the  organism involved in “walking pneumonia” and in “Mycoplasma Pneumonia.” 

Here is a link that may be educational: 

http://www.immuno-sci-lab.com/html/chlamydia_pneumoniae.html

The STD Chlamydia organism is a whole different  animal — a different variety.  So, don't be shocked if you or others get a C. Pneumoniae diagnosis…just learn about it. 

AF

Ellen RA-AP
    Participant

I had to laugh when I read this! (even though I didn't see your original post).  Recently my mother fell and broke her saccrum and I must have told 2 or 3 people that she broke her scrotum!!

Jennhere
    Participant

ooh… I have one!  When I was a middle school teacher (former life, ya'll), my students were writing about the highs and lows thus far in their lives for a writing assignment designed to help us know each other better… WELL, one boy wrote about being castrated.  I went down to the school nurse and asked her if “Bobby” had been castrated.  She said she didn't think so.  Then, I spoke with “Bobby” and asked if perhaps he'd chosen the wrong word.  He insisted he'd been castrated and it had been the single worse thing that ever happened to him in his life.  I brought out a dictionary and we looked up “castration” together.  He almost fell out of his seat and said he HAD NOT been castrated.  After a visit to the nurses office himself, it was determined that he'd been circumcised at a later age and that he had a clear memory of it and THAT was what he'd been referring to.  :roll-laugh:  I suggested that the writing assignment didn't need to be all that personal, anyway!:blush:

A Friend
    Participant

Dena,

Just want you to be aware of a book that has recently come to my attention (in fact, there is a series of these).  I'm eager to get a copy of The Fungus Link Volume I.  It appears to have a good research foundation behind this work, in the USA and in Italy.  Also, I learned yesterday that the site will soon also be available in Italian as well as English.  This is because of an Italian oncologist's research and treatments of cancer (which he says is a fungus)  in patients and his results, and his desire to have Doug Kaufmann's programs available to Italian-speaking persons.   

Here is a link to the contents in the Chapters in Book 1, The Fungus Link:  http://www.know-the-cause.com/Books/TheFungusLinkVolume1/tabid/84/Default.aspx 

[Edit on 3/18/08:  After reading a good bit of the synopses of the Fungus Link series of books, I saw references to antibiotics and their relationship to causing yeast/fungal overgrowth.  Concerning this, some important points stand out in my mind about taking abx.  Even if they are mis-used — in ignorance not knowing we need to replenish the good flora — in the case of AP, and after my learning what caused the overgrowth, it was indeed AP (Minocin and IV Clindamycin and Cleocin) that brought me back from the brink… while consuming a healthy yeast-controlled diet, longterm Diflucan, and replacement of flora with adequate probiotics.   Some other important points specifically that I thought about: 

1) If physicians over the years had routinely counseled patients (including myself) about the importance of replacing the good flora wiped out with the bad flora when antibiotics are taken, then I believe that people (including small children) would not end up with fungal infections.  This is another reason that I — and others who have been on AP for some time — emphasize to many newcomers that they need to pay attention to fungal issues they already have and address these, PLUS take larger doses of probiotics daily (well away from the abx) to replace the good bacteria. 

2) Another important point would be to mention that Dr. F (a rheumatologist and long-time AP physician) has been knowledgeable of this yeast/fungal problem apparently for a long time, because on his web site, he has charts showing how different types of organisms, including fungal infections, can cause various types of lesions in the body.  Click on this link and then scroll down to Figure 6, Fungal Infections:  http://www.thearthritiscenter.com/arthritis_info.htm

3) Fungus issues, I read, have not been taught in med school, and have virtually been ignored as if they do not exist.  (Mayo Research has maintained for a number of years that most sinus conditions are actually fungal-related.)  Something very interesting was that at one time some of the pharmaceutical companies were doing testing of drugs to treat fungus.  While doing these controlled studies, it was noted that the cholesterol levels of the participants dropped.  So, in a matter of time, the pharmaceutical company (I read) changed the name and purpose of the meds to be “cholesterol-lowering” drugs, instead of anti-fungal medication. (I for one would not have considered taking cholesterol-lowering meds, but now at least I'm looking at them a little bit differently… but still wouldn't want to take them.) 

4)  It is my belief that while we may have been able to avoid the onset of chronic illness (and I believe yeast/fungal overgrowth contributes to the weakening of the immune system and the development of chronic illness), once we have these conditions, it seems to be necessary for us to use AP to “zap” what our immune system cannot zap; necessary for anti-fungal meds and diets to “zap” fungus our bodies may be unable to do on their own; and to replace the good flora needed to put our gastrointestinal system back in balance — in fact, all of these steps in this number “4)” seem to be needed to support our bodies so they can stay afloat as we get better and better. 

Best to you…. AF

Dena
    Participant

:roll-laugh:So good for us all to share our funny malapropisms–laughter is good.  So, I have to share the following:

When I had my neck surgery in 1996, cervical disks were replaced.  The day I was to be released from the hospital, I was ready and was wearing my neck collar.  A new nurse came in and said she had to check me before my release.  She was looking down at my chart.  Then she walked behind me and started pulling my blouse out of my slacks.  I said, “What are you doing?”  She said, “I'm checking your wound.”  I pointed to the collar around my neck and said, “I had NECK sugery.”  “Oh,” she said and giggled.  I finally figured out she had confused cervical disk with cervix.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘ Candida, not Chlamydia’ is closed to new replies.