Home Forums General Discussion "For Canadians – which generic minocycline gets your thumbs up?\"

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SJJ
    Participant

hello there….looking for some information on either getting Minocin when living in canada or which generic minocycline seems to get the best response (is the closest in chemistry to the original)? don’t want to start with a dud! Have many people simply started using doxy instead as it’s easier to get?

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi;
    I use Teva and it works beautifully.I live in Ontario and get it at the local Jean Coutu pharmacy

DMW
    Participant

This is the response I got from Buy Low Drugs, a Canadian company:

Thank you for your email. Yes, we carry Minocin, please click on the link below for prices on Minocin:

http://www.buylowdrugs.com/rx-drugs/Minocin.php

If you wish to submit an order through our company, you need to either register with us online, or by filling out a new customer order form. You can as well place the order and once the order has been submitted, you can fax or email us a copy of your prescription to start processing it. Your order will be processed and filled once we have received a copy of your prescription via fax or email. Please be advised that you will be required to mail the original prescription to us as well.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

I have tried for Lyme…minocycline, Cowden protocol, and cannabutter. I’ve had a herx with Folinic acid, magnesium, moducare, xylitol, apple cider vinegar, TADS (adrenal support), activated charcoal, LDN, herbal made by my LLND and a 50 billion probiotic. I have been clinically diagnosed with Bartonella and mycoplasma. My Lyme testing was inconclusive-band 41 was double starred and I had about 4 indefnite…but I was also on cannabutter at the time (a natural antibiotic). I have high reverse T3 and low T

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi DMW;
    Living in Canada we can not order online.This is only for export .We have to purchase at our local drug stores and that is not too expensive.Because I am over 65(senior) I only pay around 10$

SJJ
    Participant

hey Lynne G.SD,
    Did your doctor simply write a script for TEVA? (no substitutions). I did call the online pharmacy and they would be willing to send it to a PO box in the us but you have to have a US doctor’s prescription. Might be worth it to get a doctor in the US to write one and then just get refills sent to a mail box at the border?

PhilC
    Participant

Might be worth it to get a doctor in the US to write one and then just get refills sent to a mail box at the border?

In my opinion, for most people, no.

I believe that Novo-Minocycline is the same thing as Teva, in case it’s still available under that name (Teva bought Novopharm a few years ago). Stay away from Apo-Minocycline (made by Apotex). At least one person on here had a bad experience with that one.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Phil;
    You are correct,my capsules say NOVO but actually they are TEVA

SJJ
    Participant

thanks for the input!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.