Home Forums General Discussion Can someone recommend an AP doctor in Ontario, Canada?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    LisaHf
    Participant

Hi, everyone….Can someone recommend an AP doctor in Ontario, Canada? I’m currently reading Henry Scammell’s book “The New Arthritis Breakthrough” and am very intrigued. The book brought me to this website. My son (in early 20’s) has inflammatory arthritis which is progressing and we’re trying to find a treatment that doesn’t involve the strong drugs currently being recommended by his rheumatologist (i.e. methotrexate). He’s been on the Paleo diet (autoimmune protocol) for a few weeks and is definitely seeing results, but we’re not sure that will be enough to keep his condition under control. The antibiotic treatment sounds like it could be promising.

My son currently lives in London, Ontario while I’m in northern Ontario, but we’re willing to travel if necessary. If it will be difficult to find someone in Ontario, is it best to go to the U.S.? We’re open to recommendations.

Thank you!

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Lisa,

I see that Julie has replied to your email with the AP doc list for Ontario and a few other eastern provinces. Unfortunately, Canada isn’t too AP-friendly, so it’s really a matter of calling around and seeing who your son might be able to travel to see. Many are private-pay docs, so you’d need to be sure that any doc listed can provide the services your son requires. As he’s based in London, I’d be happy to also send the list for Michigan, if that would help? There is one in Lansing, MI, who was trained by a very experienced AP doc. Let me know if I can help in this way.

LisaHf
    Participant

Hi, Maz…Thanks for the reply. Yes, it sounds like I’ll have to do some calling around next week to find a doctor who does or would be willing to help with the antibiotic treatment. We’re going to start with our rheumatologist and family doctor to see if they’re willing based on the FAQs and AP document that we’ve printed off.

In the mean time, if you could send the list of doctors in Michigan, I’d appreciate it. We may end up needing it.

Thanks!

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Lisa,

Just sent you the AP doc list for MIchigan in a PM (private message). Wishing you the best in your search for a good AP doc your son can partner in his return to wellness.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.