Home Forums General Discussion Can salmonella infection cause exacerbation of lupus?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

A client who had successfully controlled her lupus for many years contracted a bad salmonella infection at a restaurant.  After two inpatient hospitalizations for the salmonella, her lupus went out of control.  A splenectomy was required.  I haven't found much in the literature; but am certain that the infection played a major role in worsening her lupus.  A local rheumatologist, who treats autoimmune illnesses with antibiotic therapy,  referred me to this site today.  I would very much appreciate any assistance.  (It seems clear that if AB treatment is successful for so many patients, then an obvious infectious disease is a likely source of problems for those dealing with rheumatic diseases.  I hope some folks “out there” will be able to provide some guidance.  (My client's claims are against the restaurant where she contracted the salmonella).

linda
    Participant

I don't know about lupus, but fibromyalgia can be triggered by an injury, surgery, emotional trauma or infection. Welcome to the RBF bboard,

linda

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=225]myerslaw[/user] wrote:

(It seems clear that if AB treatment is successful for so many patients, then an obvious infectious disease is a likely source of problems for those dealing with rheumatic diseases.  …).

Hi Joseph,

You've hit the nail on the head with the above comment – this is the basic premise of Dr McPherson-Brown's infectious disease theory! Very often, for rheumatoid patients whose immune systems are already severely compromised by intracellular infections that have triggered their disease, adding to the pathogen load with further infections can compromise wellbeing further.

For your reference, you should find the book, “The New Arthritis Breakthrough,” by Henry Scammel, which also includes, “The Road Back,” by Dr McPherson-Brown, an invaluable resource in your researches on behalf of your client.  

You may also find Dr N on http://www.immed.org and Dr TM on http://www.marshallprotocol.com/ to be very useful contacts….both scientists who advocate antibiotic therapy with hard, current science to back it.

Peace, Maz

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ Can salmonella infection cause exacerbation of lupus?’ is closed to new replies.