Home Forums General Discussion Calling all brilliant minds/probiotic

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Lynne G.SD
    Participant

I ran into some information on the Mercola site talking about this kind of probiotic so I am wondering if any of you know more about it.It does sound logical as I know animals have their favourite “licks” for just such gut problems.Mountain goats in the Rockies have been followed for a few years.Every spring they make their way down to certain spots in the valleys to drink at murky white pools and lick certain rock to tank up on probiotics in the water and minerals in the rocks.A long winter eating nothing nutritiuos sends them all down as soon as the snow clears.I have half a mind to try this.
    https://rebelhealthtribe.com/probiotic/

Airen
    Participant

Lynne,

I have been looking for the best probiotic myself from the beginning of this mess I’m in and still don’t feel like I’m getting what I’m supposed to out of it! Used several of the brands they mention in this article. VERY interesting and intriguing…just might have to try this too. I sent an email to them for the info to give to my dr.

Diagnosed with RA in October 2014, pain started in February 2014
    Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Airen;
    I am going to order from here.https://besynchro.com/products/mega-sporebiotic I really wonder if this would work for animals also.I just might try it out on a couple old cats who have bad arthritis.I have them on LDN with good results and hope this will give them a bit of a boost.Of all the things I have tried for their arthritis best results have been from boron

Airen
    Participant

Lynne,

From your first link above you can order the mega for $60 instead of the link you shared second for $65.

Do you follow Dr. Axe? I am off facebook because it was too much negativity for my mental wellbeing but I do enjoy Instagram. I follow him there and I receive his emails. When I googled “Megasporebiotic reviews” a link to Dr. Axe’s new probiotic came up and it looks like he has one too. Looks like soil-based probiotics will be the next big thing?? I think this is exciting and I will definitely try the mega and maybe even Dr. Axe’s too! Thanks for sharing. I would love to hear the long-timers thoughts too!

https://store.draxe.com/products/sbo-probiotic/?variant=18319927237&gclid=Cj0KCQjwvOzOBRDGARIsAICjxoeYkmMOqCGOArdr_WqVLJ-hYkkEqp_YQwPQF33GS1lMU7JZw8l9NpQaAikrEALw_wcB

Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

Airen
    Participant

Okay, just ordered Dr. Axe’s brand SBO probiotic. I have an app on my computer that searches the net for coupon codes. GET THIS it found a code where I got the bottle FOR FREE!!! I only had to pay $4.68 for shipping!!! If you want to try Dr. Axe’s SBO probiotic for free here is the code ANORGANICALLYSPOOKYOCTOBER2017 to use at checkout. AND he offers a 60 day 100% money back guarantee.

https://store.draxe.com/products/sbo-probiotic?gclid=CjwKEAjwvOzOBRDG95DXw43t8V0SJACAo8aHpGZpjpj081A24HaUDn447YKyyjdVxvwT7g3RdfoKkhoCUgPw_wcB

Started AP in June 2015

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Thanks Airen,I would never have found that cupon link as I am totally computer illiterate.Not understanding English much does not help either

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Well,that was a good idea except for the fact that they only ship within the U.S

richie
    Participant

Hi Lynne –hope all is well –I do think too much is expected of probiotics –if one doesnt get candida or other fungal problems and no digestive issues -then the probiotic is doing the job -making people make the mistake to not take enough –they have to take more than the label cause of taking antibiotics –Be well –Richie— also save your money I am not convinced of these fancy probiotics —

richie
    Participant

I really get frosted when people try to take advantage of sick people by selling overpriced product with dubious claims –this is quite a fairy tale I did some research and even reahed out to some old friends who are affilated with a zoo –Mountain goats lick rocks out of instinct to get salt and minerals –period !!!!!I wont even comment on the pitch !!!!

Red Lizzy
    Participant

I ran into some information on the Mercola site talking about this kind of probiotic so I am wondering if any of you know more about it.It does sound logical as I know animals have their favourite “licks” for just such gut problems.Mountain goats in the Rockies have been followed for a few years.Every spring they make their way down to certain spots in the valleys to drink at murky white pools and lick certain rock to tank up on probiotics in the water and minerals in the rocks.A long winter eating nothing nutritiuos sends them all down as soon as the snow clears.I have half a mind to try this.
    https://rebelhealthtribe.com/probiotic/

Hi Lynne!

Haven’t seen you around lately, glad you found the time to get online considering all the flower and animal work you do. When it comes to probiotics I have tried them all, including this one. I have a collection from round the world, Japan, Germany, Italy and and natually quite a few from the good old USA. Very few actually do much of anything, so I have wasted a lot of money, but I have learned a lot in return, so I can give you an honest appraisal if a product is good for your purpose. Most people shy away from spores, but as long as you are not immune comprimised and have a good balance of friendly probiotics in you already, not much chance of the spores turning pathogenic on you. In fact one the best available is right in your neck of the woods, Canada, it is called Mutaflor, an E coli product that the US FDA blocked because it was too good, but still plenty ways to get it into the USA if you need it.
    Now back to Mega Spore Biotic, nothing really special about it except for Bacillus Indicus, which produces carotenoids, which you can just pick up as a supplement, no real advantage to your body by having it produced in your gut. The rest of the strains are found in many other formulas and are nothing special either. It is really overpriced IMO, so I really do not recommend it, you can do much better. From what you stated I know of a product, not a probiotic, but a totally natural substance that would definitely do the job, I use it myself, so if that probiotic does not work out for you let me know and I will send you info on this alternative that will surely do the job for both animals and humans.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Liz;
    You have not heard from me because I am running in 10 directions at once.Just got back from the clinic,worked 07:00 to 15:00 and now I have to hit the greenhouse and clean plants for this weekend’s show in Montreal,then I have to find a substitute dance teacher for Saturday as I won’t be here.It’s only for 5 gruling hours but not a full day so that (hopefully) should not be a problem.
    I was only contemplating trying those probiotics as I use myself as a test dummy before trying things on animals.Let me know what you know as one never knows what might come in handy one day

RICHIE,
    I get the feeling that you have not seen the documentaries done by Dr. David Suzuki,Canada’s top biologist and environmentalist.For years he and his crew have been documenting the Mountain Goats in British columbia.He clearly explains the probiotic pools where they go to drink until their systems get back in sinc.
    I have not been sitting on my fat ass for the last 15 years of remission but have been back at the veterinary uni. in St. Hilaire.I had so many credits from my other degrees that we(uni. councillor and me) decided that I should apply them to a vet. degree.Now working at our local clinic as a part time tech.If I can find that film I will send it.

richie
    Participant

Thats great if you get a vets degree —in the states they sure know how to charge !!!!! Hope you pardon me being suspicious of this probiotic –thats from living all my life in New York –where the motto is “believe nothing you hear and half what you see “—Its done well for me over the years !!!!!!!!!!!!! Best always

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Richie;
    I know what you mean about being a New Yorker as I have an aunt and cousins there who think just like you.Kind of makes me laugh.I suppose you would say we have socialized medicine and education here.My yearly cost was under 6000$ as Quebec makes it very easy to further one’s education.We also have almost free day care,somewhere between 7 and 10$ a day depending on how high one’s salary is .
    Many antibiotics and probiotics come from the soil and decaying matter in forests.Animals know all about it and us humans have to figure it out by watching them

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.