Home Forums General Discussion calcium deposits

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    awesomemb
    Participant

😀 Hi I am new. Did not see any old threads on calcium deposits. I have had Systemic Scleroderma for 22 years (joint damage, stiffness, small mouth, organs are good) but I have hundreds off calcium rocks in my body. Very painful. I took Mino in 98-2001 but only 50×2 per day. Then I stopped because I kept getting deposits. I am trying again (4 months now) I am just now getting to the full dose 100×2 daily. Please tell me if anyone had them get better or worse. Thanks. Marybeth

A Friend
    Participant

[user=446]awesomemb[/user] wrote:

😀 Hi I am new. Did not see any old threads on calcium deposits. I have had Systemic Scleroderma for 22 years (joint damage, stiffness, small mouth, organs are good) but I have hundreds off calcium rocks in my body. Very painful. I took Mino in 98-2001 but only 50×2 per day. Then I stopped because I kept getting deposits. I am trying again (4 months now) I am just now getting to the full dose 100×2 daily. Please tell me if anyone had them get better or worse. Thanks. Marybeth

Marybeth,

Over the past 8-10 years, I've become aware that in my own body, calcium was apparently not getting to where it was needed, but was being deposited in places where it should not go.  A few bone spurs were found.  Later, a condition that developed in the palm of especially my right hand (known as Dupuytren's contracture) led me to some research that pointed to the cause of this possibly being a problem involving liver function — though my liver enzymes did not show any abnormal elevation. 

Fast forward from then until today, and my history since that time has been (in spite of what appeared to be a very healthy diet) a longterm highly acidic body environment.  I've learned that it is this very acidic environment that can not only use up “available” minerals like calcium, magnesium, and potassium, with deficiency of these forming the perfect place (an acid environment) for unfriendly organisms to multiply in my body, thus making my body even more acidic and a more hospitable place for these organisms and for disease to flourish and deposit more acidic waste in the tissues.  The body tries to store such acid waste as far away from major organs as it can, I've read. 

In my own case, however it happened, it is believed that because of this longterm “unknown about” acidic condition (and resulting deficiency of minerals being “available” to neutralize and excrete these acids, widespread metastatic-appearing lesions on my bones were discovered on scans.  Thought to be cancer in 2000 (but no tumor found), and in 2007 thought to be worsening and bone cancer, biopsies at that time showed these metastases not to be malignant.  Go figure!   Why were they there?  What has kept them from becoming malignant? 

Your problems, with your diagnosis of Scleroderma, can be vastly different from my own (though my own is thought to be MCTD), but the following — especially this link http://wellpro.net/News0602.htm about bones and osteoporosis, and a few links about the use of calcium orotate — may educate you and your physicians and be helpful at the least, if they don't know about this, with research showing how the orotic acid facilitates calcium getting to where it is needed and keeping it from depositing where it is not supposed to be.  There are mentions of rheumatic illnesses in this research. 

In my 12 years of constant contact with people with scleroderma and other rheumatic diagnoses, it seems to be pretty consistent that most people with scleroderma on adequate dosage of AP, and IVs have been shown to be very beneficial, DO get better.  Richie who sees Dr. T at Harvard, and many who have seen Dr. S in Ida Grove have very positive stories about their own improvement. Those are the two I'm most familiar with.   Dr. S in IG,Ia does not seem to get involved in any supplement recommendations, and it hasn't “appeared” Dr. T does either, but a call to Dr. S for his opinion about your SD and bone spurs, and his experience could yield some valuable information.  He is  happy to talk with patients, whether his or those who need his expertise. 

Hope some of this can be helpful for you for figuring out how to correct your bone spur problem. 

Am sending you more about this subject by private e-mail. 

AF

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘ calcium deposits’ is closed to new replies.