Home Forums General Discussion C Y T – Certified Yoga Teacher!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    bonnielou
    Keymaster

It?s been six months of training, and 3

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

Trudi
    Participant

Bonnie–

CONGRATULATIONS!! 🙂

I am so happy to read this very good news.  Way to go!!

Take care,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Congratulations!!!  Great news.

Maz
    Keymaster

Bonnie, many congrats upon receiving your Yoga teaching certification! What an amazing acheivment! 😀 It's so wonderful that you have this fantastic insight into teaching others with rheumatic diseases and disabilities. I wish you lived nearer to me and I would join your class!!!

Namaste.

Peace, Maz

m.
    Participant

Nice, Bonnie! Congrats!

Kim
    Participant

That's quite an accomplishment, Bonnie! 🙂  Congratulations on many levels, and so kind to pass along what you've learned and share with others. 😉

I took yoga classes for years at the Y and think it probably should be mandatory for anyone over 40 to preserve your joints. :roll-laugh:  I don't do formal classes anymore, but still do a lot of the stretches and poses throughout the day at home, along with trying to remember proper breathing.

Are you out in the burbs?  My daughter is in Naperville.

Take care…..kim

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Bonnie – how absolutely wonderful to hear that news. Love the avatar – and what a great gift you're offering RoadBackers in your area. I wasnt able to complete even a gentle beginner yoga series last year – each class would set off a bad palindromic attack. I'd love to know the kind of accommodations worked for you. Maybe you'd consider putting something up on youtube?

Namaste. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

bonnielou
    Keymaster

Hi Lynnie. Here are two really great books to check out. One is called Yoga for Arthritis, the complete guide, by Loren Fishman and Ellen Saltonstall. This is for the period when you are starting to heal, and can begin doing some things again. It has examples of how to use a table or a wall to get started. The other book — for when you are really just hurting — is Relax and Renew, Restful Yoga for Stressful Times, by Judith Lasater. This book has fully supported relaxation poses that allow the body to restore itself. It's a wonderful guide. We don't realize how important relaxation is to healing. These poses help rid the body of tension and help restore energy and vitality.

And this is a great website — http://www.mymsyoga.com/yoga
    Baron Baptiste, sort of a yoga 'rock star', has developed this set of poses with modifications for people with MS — and the principles apply just as fully to RA and similar diseases.

I am a new teacher, I still have so much to learn, and I am grateful for the folks who are being my early students. I don't think I am quite ready to be out there in cyberspace instructing the world. But maybe in a year or two :D. In the meantime there are other great places I can direct you to if you are interested. Just google 'chair yoga' and you will find more good examples. Thanks for the encouragement and good wishes.

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

Parisa
    Participant

Congratulations!  So good to hear that not only can you continue doing something you enjoy but that you'll be able to help others.

McManus
    Participant

Congrats, Bonnie – this is wonderful news!  Yoga has been a life saver for me – I try to practice everyday – it makes a huge difference in my life, both physically and mentally. How wonderful you can now share this knowledge with others.  Keep up the good work.

Namaste.

frhorngal
    Participant

Congrats Bonnie! You are such an inspiration to me! I had been dreaming of pursuing teacher training before I got sick. It is so wonderful to know that it is possible to get well and to be able to help others with this and similar conditions.

Namaste

RA/Lyme: 100mg Minocin (brand) MWF, 3mg LDN, 10mg CBD- BID

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ C Y T – Certified Yoga Teacher!’ is closed to new replies.