Home Forums General Discussion Bruising that won't go away

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Airen
    Participant

I have bruises all over my legs. They are from some sort of abrasion where I hit them on something however, they will not heal. I have bruises that have been there a year or more and new ones come in from new abrasions and add to the collection. It is very concerning for me that my body is not healing properly. I have been on AP going on 2 years this July and I am almost in remission, RA doing very well. I try to focus on the good and how far I’ve come but I feel like there is still something important going on that should be addressed. Do you think adding in some Vitamin C would assist the healing process?

Diagnosed with RA in October 2014, pain started in February 2014
    Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

whaleharbor
    Keymaster

Hi Airen, I am a fellow patient and as such essentially know nothing. I wonder if what you are seeing as bruising is actually hyperpigmentation from the minocycline? Have you shown it to your doctor to see if it could be hyperpigmentation? If it is, I know some other patients around here take vitamin c as they believe it helps to ward off the hyperpigmentation – I personally would never add a supplement without discussing it with my doc – perhaps discuss this with your doc as well? Anyhow, I recently posted a link to an article on a laser that is supposed to help with minocycline hyperpigmentation. Just a thought for you to discuss with your doc – perhaps if it is hyperpigmentation he/she can recommend a good derm or plastic surgeon that does such laser therapy for you to consider the pro’s and con’s of such therapy.

Here’s a link to the laser article: http://jcadonline.com/picosecond-lasers-a-new-and-emerging-therapy-for-skin-of-color-minocycline-induced-pigmentation-and-tattoo-removal/

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

Airen
    Participant

Hi Whaleharbor,

I’m certain these are bruises. I remember bumping or hitting something and then weeks and months go by and they are still there. I did a quick google search for blue skin from mino (omg the photos are awful) but my skin doesn’t look like those pics at all. I am just not healing. Specifically on my legs. Bruising on my upper body heals fairly better/quicker.

Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Airen

There are some good things in this piece re bruising that won’t go away, possible reasons, things you can do/take to help and when to seek medical advice:

bruises that won’t go away

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Linda L
    Participant

Airen,
    A good friend of mine, she is Italian told me that they treat all bruises with lemon juice in Italy. They apply lemon juice on it and it disappears. I met one lady on a swimming pool a year ago. She had very dark bruises. I told her about it and later she thanked me. It helped her.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Airen
    Participant

Thanks all. I will try adding in some vitamin C and lather in lemon 😉 to see if these help.

Started AP in June 2015

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.