Home Forums General Discussion Brassica Tea: raise your glutathione

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Parisa
    Participant

If you are hypothyroid, it might interfere with thyroid activity so that might be a caution.

jlynne
    Participant

What kind of whey protein shakes do you drink? Can you recommend a certain brand?

Maz
    Keymaster

@Ruffian wrote:

http://www.brassicatea.com/

I ordered this tea because I heard good things about it. If you are a tea drinker and are trying to raise your glutathione levels….this tea apparently does that. It is patented and licensed by John’s Hopkins University.

Enjoy! -Cassie

Cassie, thanks for sharing! How interesting that the prestigious John’s Hopkins has patented a tea! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜‰ Sounds like it is worth a try (noting Parisa’s hypothyroid caution) and right on board with you that undenatured whey protein is fabulous for detoxing.

kali
    Participant

Parisa and Maz,
    Does raising glutathione levels interfere with the thyroid? I am taking immuno-pro and have been titrating up slowly on it. About 20 minutes after my dose yesterday I got extremely tired and then felt really queazy until I ate something. My stomach has been messed up all day and I have had inflammation in all my usual spots. I thought it was just a herx reaction. I have never been diagnosed with thyroid issues but I know it has taken a hit from all of this. Is this the norm on the immuno-pro?

Kali

Parisa
    Participant

Kali,
    Glutathione doesn’t interfere with the thyroid. Brassica might as plants from this genus can be goitrogenic

kali
    Participant

Thanks for the clarification Parisa. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Krys
    Participant

The link below contains lots of information about glutathione that was new to me.
    http://www.raysahelian.com/glutathione.html
    This particular point I would like to understand further:
    “There appears to be feedback inhibition in glutathione synthesis. This means that if levels are excessively increased with the help of nutrients, the body may decrease its natural production.
    Glutathione is sold in pills with dosage ranging from 50 to 250 mg. However, due to inconsistencies in the medical literature on the ability of glutathione to enter tissues and cells when ingested orally, and the possibility of feedback inhibition, I can’t recommend supplementation with this nutrient until more information is published. I do think acetylcysteine is a good alternative since it can help make more glutathione.”

Well, I take NAC and ALA 3 x day but the immense sense of well-being is only after ImmunoPro and Therasomal Glutathione.
    If the above (the quote) is true, then I will be willing to diminish my NAC and ALA intake. I’ll keep the good stuff for now.

What helps raise the level? All the good stuff we’ve always been told to eat: broccoli, Brussel sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage, meat, cinnamon, cardamom, turmeric, fruits, Brazil nuts, whey protein, NAC, ALA, Pycnogenol. (maybe I missed something)

Tylenol depletes glutathione peroxidase levels.

Kali, there was a thread “Immunocal” with quite a lot of responses, positive and negative (as in severe herxes) about ImmunoPro RX and Immunocal. You may be interested in reading those and finding reasurance. I know there was a point when my reaction (after taking ImmunoPro 3x day mixed in raw goat’s kefir, also an excellent source of undenatured whey) made me think I was allergic and that ImmunoPro had side effects for me. This thread, or rather, the masterful explanation by A Friend, quelled all my doubts / fears. Well, this huge intake did eventually bring back my old milk allergy, but at the same time it did heal a lot of issues within my body. My herx reactions were quite intense and so was the healing.
    Maybe you should stop building it up and just take a short break and resume at a lower level?

About 6 months prior to starting AP, I decided on TCM and acupuncture. Two hours after the first dose of prescribed herbs I developed am excruciating pain within my bones and joints. I thought at first that it had to be a severely sudden onset of bone cancer! I had not recognized it as a herx because it was not flu-like at all. I had no access to any pain killers so I made myself Chai tea with a generous addition of spices: cinnamon, cardamom, turmeric, ginger, cloves, and even cayenne. The pain was gone within minutes. I wonder now if the effect was partially due to raising glutathione levels by some of the ingredients? They all help with inflammation and pain, but their ability to raise glutathione must have played a role.
    Krys

crowchez
    Participant

On the thyroid front, the question of cruciferous vegetables being goitrogenic has come up because they are so packed with vitamins & minerals that avoiding them seems sad. Apparently, limiting consumption & cooking before eating helps to minimize the goitrogenic effect.
    http://www.womentowomen.com/hypothyroidism/goitrogenicfoods-thyroidhealth.aspx

Tea should be prepared with boiling water for best flavor (Irish upbringing showing ๐Ÿ˜€ ) so maybe that would also reduce the goitrogenic effect of the compounds in this tea?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.