Home Forums General Discussion BP Not Going Down

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    worldofme
    Participant

My BP regardless of the meds its not going down. I’m pretty sure the cause is systemic inflammation. Any suggestion what to do?

richie
    Participant

What BP meds are you taking ???

worldofme
    Participant

Diovan 160/12.5 hct

Spiffy

Are you still eating gluten? If you are, you should give it up for 1 month and see what your BP does.

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

worldofme
    Participant

No I dont. I lost 5lb in 3 weeks matter of fact. My recent sodium levels test is within normal range.

Left a message for doc but this is crazy stage 1 hypertension.

Is this arthritis? Chronic pain? Etc or genetics? But why now all of sudden high bp?

Spiffy

My BP went up during my flare at one point. I blamed the doxycycline. However, when I got off doxy…and gave up gluten, egg, and dairy my BP went back down. So maybe it was not doxy. I will never know.

supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

PhilC
    Participant

My BP regardless of the meds its not going down. I’m pretty sure the cause is systemic inflammation. Any suggestion what to do?

Dr. Wheldon cured his hypertension using antibiotic therapy, so it seems that infection is a cause of at least some cases of high blood pressure. The doxycycline that you were taking was probably helping, and that fact that your blood pressure is getting worse may be related to the fact that you stopped taking it.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Linda L
    Participant

Worldofme,
    Do you drink enough water during a day? It is very important for BP.
    Linda L

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Calida
    Participant

Dr. Wheldon cured his hypertension using antibiotic therapy, so it seems that infection is a cause of at least some cases of high blood pressure. The doxycycline that you were taking was probably helping, and that fact that your blood pressure is getting worse may be related to the fact that you stopped taking it.

Phil

I agree with Phil that the doxy may have affected the BP. As I continued on the antibiotic protocol, my systemic inflammation decreased and my blood pressure stabilized at 110/70 from a variety of oddball BPs (170/140, 140/100). Sudden spikes in BP, in scleroderma, can indicate renal crisis so I was monitored by a cardiologist and urologist. Whenever I had patients involved in a car accident or with physical trauma without a great loss of blood, their BPs were usually through the roof so emotions and physical pain/inflammation can definitely play a role in BP spikes. Always important to have your doctors monitoring the situation no matter what you think caused the BP increase.

Dx: Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis/SLE overlap, Raynaud's June 2013, Lyme August 2013
    AP: Azithromycin (Teva) 250mg BID, May 2014, Clindamycin 600mg every 8 hours for 2 weeks July 27, 2015 - Aug 10, 2015
    Minocycline (Teva generic) 100mg BID November 20, 2014
    Meds: LDN 3.5 mg, Prednisone 5 mg (discontinued), Aspirin 81mg, Liposomal Artimisinin 50mg QID x 3 weeks, 4th week off, rotating (discontinued May 2015, restarted 2016 7 days per month), Daily Nystatin, 2 tabs BID, as a preventative measure
    Supplements

richie
    Participant

Hi A doctor is needed to control your blood pressure –there are many many meds that are effective in controlling pressure –I have been taking BP meds over 20 years and had to change meds 2x to keep it under control ——CALIDA –I would hope you are taking a BP med that would help protect your kidneys !!!!! I would tell World what I am taking but I have the feeling he is self medicating which is not really an ideal situation—

worldofme
    Participant

I drink enough water. Cardiovascular doc wants me to up my bp meds. So at 360mg Diovan / 25 hct…I hope this does the trick, not sure what will.

worldofme
    Participant

Also, my new dosage is 320/25 and Bp hardly depleted.

Now it’s usually upper 120s and upper 80s. Why is it not lower if I am on highest dosage of diaovan?

Is inflammation attacking my heart?

Spiffy

Please make sure you have considered magnesium deficiency. A lot of your symptoms fit this. Magnesium lowers blood pressure.

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

richie
    Participant

Maybe an ARB like diovan is not the most effective BP med for you –there are so many out there –The latest approach is to take 2 BP meds at lower doses along with the diuretic but separate not in combination with the BP med –such as you are taking

richie
    Participant

By the way 120 over 80 is excellent BP —I usually mainTAIN 130 OVER 80 –THAT WITH AN ace INHIBITOR –CALCIUM CHANNEL BLOCKER AND DIURETIC –You are complaining about nothing –why are you seeing a heart doctor ????

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.