Home Forums Personal History and Progress Threads Beginning the Journey

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jeanies Girl
    Participant

Tomorrow my husband and I both start the IV antibiotic protocol. We don’t know what to expect. We have had this for quite some time, between 15 and 30 years. We have tried to battle this with diet, always thinking that if we just ate a little bit better we could get to level ground. If I understand our situation, it seems that we are healthy in every other aspect and we haven’t progressed to a disease situation, but we must always be fighting the mycoplasm. So we don’t know if our healthy immune systems will really go after the little “buggies” and then we will have serious die-off. On the other hand will our systems function so well that they will spit out the toxins pretty fast and it won’t get ugly. I guess we will see.

On a more humorous note, I will have to tell you that I’m packing up to take our first treatment. I’m taking my Henry Scammell book to finish. My husband is taking his Ipod and his pillow because of his back pain. I’m also taking 2 little tubs, towels, and our foot detox. I’m thinking why not soak our feet and try to detox while we are sitting around for 2 hours.

This is going to be very interesting.

DX: Bacterial (mycoplasm) infection
    AP: Began June 2015
    Clindomycin IV 900 mg-every 3 months for 5 days
    Minocycline 100 mg MWF am and pm
    Flagyl 500 mg 2 x day for 3 days in a row every month
    Symptoms: Since approximately 1997-Extreme fatigue, (Intermittent: muscle weakness, stiffness, brain fog, lack of stamina)
    Supplements: Vit. C 3000 mg, Vitamin D 5000 IU every other day and 10,000 on remaining days, Vitamin B complex, Fish Oil 1000 mg 2 x day

Jeanies Girl
    Participant

Day 1 and 2 were unremarkable. Both Husband and I took Clindomycin 300 mg IV. Day 3 and 4 will be Clindomycin 600 mg IV. Day 5 Clindomycin 900 mg.

Symptoms: Since approximately 1997-Extreme fatigue, (Intermittent: muscle weakness, stiffness, brain fog, lack of stamina)
    Supplements: Vit. C 3000 mg, Vitamin D 5000 IU every other day and 10,000 on remaining days, Vitamin B complex, Fish Oil 1000 mg 2 x day

Jeanies Girl
    Participant

Terribly exhausted, extreme muscle weakness, and very stiff. Husband’s back is, in his words, “the worst it has ever been.” These are the symptoms we both struggle with most, so we are not sure what is going on. Time will give us a clearer picture. Looking forward to next year. ๐Ÿ˜†

Jeanies Girl
    Participant

Husband’s back is tolerable and he actually feels decent. He was very productive today unlike myself who was in a coma the latter part of the day. ๐Ÿ™‚ How can one person sleep so much and still want/need to sleep more? The metallic taste from the Clindomycin is gone for both of us. Thank goodness. I am trying to not move too much because I am so stiff. It’s not awful. I don’t feel bad other than needing to sleep and the stiffness. I have definitely felt worse than this.

Jeanies Girl
    Participant

I messed up and took a doxycycline on Saturday instead of starting it on Monday. ๐Ÿ™„ Can I contribute that to brain fog? We went ahead and took one on Monday and the next one will be due on Friday.

Yesterday, wasn’t so hot. Nothing in particular other than feeling blue. Today was a decent day. Husband seems to have more energy and his back is tolerable.

Someone told us to journal the journey. She said she keeps a calendar and marks red for a bad day, yellow for a tolerable day, and green for a good day. She said this really helped especially when she figured out she had Lyme’s Disease and figured out it cycles every 28 days. This was a yellow day with a hint of green. ๐Ÿ™‚

Jeanies Girl
    Participant

This is the 3rd week and both of us seem to be doing well. No die-off symptoms and our energy seems to be picking up some (albeit it is little). We are pouring in the kefir, started kombucha, and are back to working on the fermented veggies. Note of interest: both of our tongues are losing the scalloped edge and I’m finally starting to see a little of the moons on my index and middle fingers. I’m taking this as a good sign.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Personal History and Progress Threads’ is closed to new topics and replies.