Home Forums General Discussion Bartonella-induced multiple sclerosis

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    PhilC
    Participant

I just found this very interesting article and thought I'd pass it along. Although the article is almost two years old, I couldn't find any past discussion about it on here.

Medical research benefits local veterinarian suffering from MS

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Maz
    Keymaster

Phil, thanks for sharing this article – very interesting and kind of confirms a conversation Healer (Cheryl) and I about this a couple weeks ago, as my bro has MS and RBF included Dr. Breitswerdt's research on bartonella in the Spring eBulletin. If you scroll down about 2/3 the way down the page, you'll find the conversation on this.

http://www.rbfbb.org/view_topic.php?id=4800&forum_id=1&highlight=healer+ms+bartonella

I'm going to pass on this info to my brother. He's waiting for his call to go in for the CCSVI procedure in Albany…hopefully in the next month or two.

An interesting find was one to do with Cantwell's research on scleroderma and biopsies he did of sclerodermatous lesions. He found organisms that are very, very similar, peculiarly, in description to bartonella, though he didn't name them as such. Mind you, neither does Burrascano – he calls these organisms “bartonella-like organisms” or BLOs, for short.

Peace, Maz

judy cash
    Participant

MAZ.

Is Bartonella, a part of the Lyme Disease?  And is it known, how long after exposure, could you have symptoms? Thanks

Judy

Suzanne
    Participant

Judy, read this article from the e-bulletin:

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/05/21/492795/the-pain-of-bartonella.html

Bartonella is Cat Scratch Disease.

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

Michele
    Participant

Thanks for the posts on Bartonella!! My doc has that coinfection on her near future “hit-list” for me. Once I clear the Babesia WA1 and a bunch of other parasites, Bartonella is up next in the treatment plan. I don't really know much about it. After reading these articles, I'm ready to get rid of the Bartonella!

Michele

Suzy
    Participant

I found the passage  below to be absolutely fascinating. Is this school of thought a common one ?   Are they saying you may have Bartonella induced RA but not Lyme?  Not sure if I am reading this right!

Of Mozayeni's mystery patients tested at the lab, nearly 20 percent had Bartonella infections.

“I suspect this is going to be one of the causes of rheumatoid arthritis and a few other things, but it's too speculative right now to say,” Mozayeni said.

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/05/21/492795/the-pain-of-bartonella.html#ixzz10GGMPCOR

Suzanne
    Participant

[user=1874]Suzy[/user] wrote:

I found the passage  below to be absolutely fascinating. Is this school of thought a common one ?   Are they saying you may have Bartonella induced RA but not Lyme?  Not sure if I am reading this right!

Of Mozayeni's mystery patients tested at the lab, nearly 20 percent had Bartonella infections.

“I suspect this is going to be one of the causes of rheumatoid arthritis and a few other things, but it's too speculative right now to say,” Mozayeni said.

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/05/21/492795/the-pain-of-bartonella.html#ixzz10GGMPCOR

I totally agree this is the most exciting comment!  I do not think it is common school of thought, but it is definitely a step in the right direction to identify infections as a cause of RA.

Yes, you can have bartonella and not Lyme, they are two different infections (although some believe bartonella co-infects with Lyme).

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

judy cash
    Participant

Hello Everyone,

This article has me thinking……..:blush:The reason I ask Maz if it is known how soon after exposure, could you see symptoms.    Two weeks to the day of my first “RA pain  “,         I was biten  by our TOMCAT, it was a very deep puncture bite, that hurt like, you can't even imagine, and I heard it puncture into the skin on my palm. It started swelling immediately, and became very , very red.   Then two week later I Had my first pain that started this roller coaster ride for me. Of course, at that time noone knew what was wrong with me. Ever doctor I saw, I mentioned the cat bite, because, I just felt like it had something to do with it. All the doctors, just looked at me very funny, and said that, they didn't think it had anything to do with it. I was so sure that it DID have a connection that I mentioned it to Dr. S, he just wrote it down… 

Before that day, I was a very healthy, strong, farmers wife, who could do just about anything.   Makes you wonder!!!!!!:headbang::headbang::headbang:     Please comment…

Judy

Suzanne
    Participant

My comment is that I would pay for bartonella testing way before I would pay for Lyme testing in your situation.

judy cash
    Participant

Suzanne,

I must say, that if I can find out where you can get tested, I WILL go there, to find out. My husband was biten  by the same cat, close to the same time as me, and since then, he has had some strange symptoms also. Boy, do I wonder where this might take us, in terms of our health.   

Oh yea, by the way, the cat was put down after this biting spree.:crying:  We really loved this cat, but it was not worth the risk.     It was very agressive biting

Judy

Suzanne
    Participant

http://www.galaxydx.com/web/

They do the testing developed by the drs. in the article, but you have to get your dr. to order it.

lor
    Participant

Just my thoughts.  Alot of the testing is not so good.  Like lyme, bartonella is hard to find.  My LLMD treats by clinical diagnosis.  Go to Lyme.net and there is alot of good info there also.  My doc keeps thinking we will treat for bart after the babs treatment is done.

Interesting articals.  Bartonella and RA. 

lor

Suzanne
    Participant

The article also mentions people who thought they had Lyme, but never did, they actually had only bartonella.

They will figure out to test this stuff one day, hopefully.

lor
    Participant

Wouldn't it be great if they could find accurate test for all this.  All my test have always come back negative.  Do ya think the drug companies have a hand in it?

How nice would it be to take the abx that is just for the bug you have.  I have been on different abx since 2005.  Hit and miss, because of the inaccurate testing.  I haven't wanted to treat for bart, because I am scared of Leviqin causing tendon damage. And what if it wasn't what I had.  I have tryed just about everything else.

lori

nspiker
    Participant

I thought the article was very interesting.  There are so many underlying infectious causes and/or triggers of these insideous diseases.  Traditional medicine treats the symptoms, not the cause.  Tests are inaccurate.  Veterinarians diagnose and treat lyme regularly.

I think we should all be seeing Vets….arf :(.

nancy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘ Bartonella-induced multiple sclerosis’ is closed to new replies.