Home Forums General Discussion Balance w/ Probiotics Your Feedback?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Boris
    Participant

Hello, I am in my 4th month of taking Minocin for MCTD and Morphea. It’s help me tremendously with stiffness and leg pain. For the first 3 months I took 200mg MWF and recently changed to 100mg every day. My bacterial system is out of balance now. I take what appears to be a good probiotic and also eating a couple of tablespoons of fermented sauerkraut daily. I have at the pharmacy a “one day pill” awaiting me to eliminate all bacteria. Can anyone tell me how they have managed to get back into balance? Should I stop taking the Minocin for a few days?

Thank you much
    Cyndi

jasregadoo

Sorry if this is TMI, but how do you know your bacterial system is out of balance?

richie
    Participant

Hi Perhaps you are not taking enough probiotic –the normal dose on the bottle is just not enough for someone taking antibiotics on a regular basis —
    richie

kaz
    Participant

@richie wrote:

Hi Perhaps you are not taking enough probiotic –the normal dose on the bottle is just not enough for someone taking antibiotics on a regular basis —
    richie

Hi! I agree with Richie. I felt a lot better when I upped my dosage of fermented veggies from the health food store. I take a supplement too but kept increasing my fermented foods until I started to notice a difference. Some brands are pretty delicious too. Let us know how it goes. 🙂

Boris
    Participant

Hi , all,
    Thanks so much for your response. I have noticed bubbles in my urine about 6 weeks ago. I have taken a urinalysis test and nothing had showed up and then a micro urinalysis and nothing showed up. I’ve tested my kidney function and it was about the same as my initial blood work at the beginning of the year before going on AP which is okay. All I can think it might be is excess bacteria. I’m not sure what other tests to take. I would like to know what is causing it. Anyone else experiencing this? I am taking 1 billion probiotic, eating fermented sauerkraut and 1 glass of kefir daily.

richie
    Participant

Hi One billion probiotic is paltry –A very low amount –in fact ridiculously low —-PB 8 advertises 14 billion bacteria in each capsule –I take 10 capsules daily -on paper I am taking 140 billion daily !!!!!! and you are taking 1 billion —Draw your own conclusions !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    richie

richie
    Participant

Hi Do you drink at least 32 oz of water or seltzer daily ?????? Bubbles in urine could mean mild dehydration
    richie

Boris
    Participant

Richie –
    Oops I meant 100 billion! But now that you say you’re taking 140 billion, I’ll up mine too and see what happens.
    I’m drinking water all day long. I must drink a minimum of 64oz daily.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.