Home Forums General Discussion bad cough

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Eva Holloway
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I have interstitial pulmonary fibrosis and within the last few days I started to have a bad cough. I take minocin MWF and Biaxin TTS I also take NAC and alpha lipoic Acid to keep my lungs clear. This is the first time in at least 4 years that I developed a cough. Any help?
    Eva

Eva Holloway

JohnnyMax
    Participant

@Eva Holloway wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have interstitial pulmonary fibrosis and within the last few days I started to have a bad cough. I take minocin MWF and Biaxin TTS I also take NAC and alpha lipoic Acid to keep my lungs clear. This is the first time in at least 4 years that I developed a cough. Any help?
    Eva

As far as I know, NAC, is probably the best for keeping clear lungs. I have seen studies using 600mg x 3 times daily showing the most improvement. You may want to discuss with your doctor the dosing of this to improve your results.

John

evalon
    Participant

ELDERBERRY SYRUP. Works miracles!!!!!!!!!!!

Krys
    Participant

I’ve been taking 4x600mg BID (as per Buhner’s mycoplasma protocol) for the last 5 months and my lungs are thankful. 😀
    Any chance it is due to cold/flu?
    Then warm/hot foot soaks (e.g. with 1tsp Cayenne + 1 TBSP of ground mustard seed), or any other warming herbs could help.
    Or (again per Buhner and it’s not for cold, but bad lung problems due to mycoplasmas) inhalation of a few drops (I think it was 3 drops) of tea tree oil in 1 quart of boiling water. You DO NOT ever ingest tea tree oil, but inhalation of the steam of low concentrate is safe. I would think that inhalations of chamomile tea, sage, or typical lung herbs, like elecampane, could be helpful, too. If the cough is due to a cold, any warming rub on the back would help, too. My friend keeps recalling that in her hillbilly family they were always rubbed with grain alcohol, would go to bed, sweat it out and the cold would be gone by morning. I remember reading that the lard rub was useful for this purpose, too. If you combine both (alcohol and lard) you first start with the grease and then rub the alcohol (less stinging on the skin).

I hope you are feeling better by now!
    Warm wishes, Krys

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.